Server Outage - 20/21st June 2015

The Weather-Watch server suffered another serious outage early in the morning of the 20th June.

I’ve now commissioned a new server to replace the old (unreliable one) and I’m busy rebuilding it at the moment. I’ve got enough running on it to get the Forum back online. It’s time for bed now so now more until tomorrow evening. That leaves WML and GFS and other minor features unavailable.

Apologies for the outage. Hopefully the work I’ve now done will ensure the reliable running of things for the forseeable future.

Chris

Good job Chris!

Dang Chris,

No rest for the weary it appears :frowning:

G’Job and Thanks,
Bob

I’ve managed to do some work at lunch time…

1. Some of the WML scripts have been restored and tested. I’ve not automated them yet, but will try to do that before the end of my lunch break. I’m hoping to have METAR, Clientraw, AM and VWS data auto-updating.

2. I’ve also restored the GFS data processing scripts. They’re on a first test run now. The data download seems to be going OK so far so that’s half of the scripts working. If this test run works I’ll automate that ASAP.

I think WML should now have up-to-date Clientraw, METAR, AM and VWS data. I’ll add the rest tonight.

The first GFS data run (20150622 06z) seems to have processed OK.

If anyone can confirm that some WML data and all GFS data is now available that would be useful. A quick post in Chatter would be good if you have any updates.

Thanks,
Chris

Sorry for the inactivity. I’ve been laid up in bed for a couple of days…probably man flu :wink:

My brain isn’t fully working yet but I’m working away at the remaining issues from the rebuild.

WML CWOP and Buoy data are now live again.

I think pretty much everything is back up and running now. The only problem area is WML map creation. The gigabytes of mapping data is badly damaged so I need to re-create it all. That will take a little while…I need to download it and convert it into the correct format required by my map generator script.

If you find anything else that’s broken, please let me know ASAP.

Thanks,
Chris