8 Channel I/O (8 Relay Version)

Hi

Is it possible you could add the
Hobby board 8 Channel I/O (8 Relay Version)

The 8-Channel I/O uses the Dallas DS2408 1-Wire chip.
Info from Hobby board website
If you need any assistance from Hobby Boards as you implement support for this device, please contact us

I would need to Eric to tell me how to work with it
if its like the new sensors that I have supported with the new HB1wire program then I should be able to add support

Hi

I have Sent Eric a message

Mick

This is the message from Eric

The 8 Channel I/O is based on the DS2408 1-Wire chip, not one of our custom chips.

Eric

well that doesn’t exactly help alot
information flow is not in spades
oh well
if that chip is the one I already had support for…then does build 81 find that (via the 1 wire setup in WD itself)

I have tried several permutations trying to get my 8 I/O relay unit from Eric working with WD (build 81) with no joy, if it helps I can post what I have to you to see if you can make it work with WD.

Ian

I have the 8 I/O relay unit on order ,I am going away soon
Will try to connect the unit when I return

if that chip is the one I already had support for…then does build 81 find that (via the 1 wire setup in WD itself)

Will test when I get the sensor

I’ve never managed to get it to register, you have considerably more experience in this equipment than me, so hopefully I’m doing something ‘noddy’ and it works for you, I do hope so in order I can learn how to get it to work.

[quote author=MichaelPT link=topic=60669.msg483808#msg483808 date=1433378693]
Hi

Is it possible you could add the
Hobby board 8 Channel I/O (8 Relay Version)

The 8-Channel I/O uses the Dallas DS2408 1-Wire chip.
Info from Hobby board website
If you need any assistance from Hobby Boards as you implement support for this device, please contact us

I managed the same as yourself in that 1 wire picked it up, I also will act as a tester if needed or I can send mine to Brian so he can play with it.

The benefits of having relays operate when linked to specific events, i.e. rain detected, high wind speed, or lighting detected past a threshold would be huge and would make a very attractive addition.

link to previous topic http://discourse.weather-watch.com/p/466945 -

Brian,

I know with the number of version upgrades you do, that you are working hard for the benefit of us all.

A number of WD users would like to get the 1-wire 8 relay addressable module working in conjunction with triggers, high wind, rain, lightning detected etc, the link is to a very similar addressable relay unit: http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1-Wire-8-Channel-Relay-Module-Board-based-on-Dallas-DS2408-chipset-/181253848913?var=&hash=item2a33923f51

(Scroll down page to see software control information)

This link is to the denkovi page which has software allowing control of their own make addressable relays, maybe this will help in making the interface to WD easier as not much was coming forward re code from 1-wire as I recall.

http://denkovi.com/denkovi-1-wire-command-line-tool

I hope you can re-visit this, as it would be unbelievable to be able to operate different relays based on differing parameters for a reasonable investment in kit.

Cheers

Ian

I would need to have the hardware here to be able to add support for it

Brian,

I have ordered the relay unit and usb interface, I’ve no problem sending them to you to use for your testing, I will also include return shipping, would this be ok, if so pm me your address and I’ll send it when I get it.

Ian

sounds like a plan
contact info:
http://www.weather-display.com/contact.php

Great, as soon as I get it, I’ll test it and send it on.

Cheers

Ian

Denkovi USB 8 relay board and an 8 relay Hobby-board are on their way today (21 Aug 15).

Cheers

Ian

thanks !

Hi
It arrived today
and I got it working , all in 1 afternoon :slight_smile:

Photo proof :slight_smile:
I could even add control of each relay from a your phone (app)

This is brilliant, the app control even brings a bigger dimension into the mix, all in 1 afternoon…superb.

Ian