Very deficalt to create a website - Why?

I’ve spent three nights on getting designed a website but must unfortunately recognize the “Weather Display” is not for the beginner.

I have used the “Web Page Crreation Wizard” and has gone through all the points, but still it does not work on my website! The images do not have the names I have changed them, and peeps I * .html file is the total empty of code.

Why is not made a simple template / wizard, which only requires that:

1. setup the login to your FTP server.
  2. Select the information to be uploaded from the “weather Display”
  3. Press “Upload”

And now there should be a simple standard website. If so it must be made more sophisticated, it must be a point for the more experienced.

My question:

There is a connection via FTP to my web server that is uploaded some graphic files. What surprised me is that htrml file is completely empty tags?

I have attached some files that shows my setup. Hope the photos can help to show what is going wrong.

what is the URL to your web site?
what shows in the ftplogfull.txt file?

The Url is : www.steenmikkelsen.dk/vejrstation/ventus.html

I’ve now got more somethings to work, so it goes in the right direction. (GREAT)

(See attachment file ) -

I change the file name in the “Drop Down Menu Creation”, but would like to have them back to the default names. Where can I find the default name of the files?

“Weather Display” run all the time on my computer, but when I after 6 hours looking at page www.steenmikkelsen.dk/vejrstation/ventus.html I could see that the data is not automatically be updated, I had to do it manually.
There can I enable the automatisk upload every 3 hours ?

What name is the file that contains the data displayed on the page ?

I want to change the design, but need to be sure that when the page is updated, it is ONLY file data will be overwritten and no other files. Do not risk my changes/design will be removed and overwritten. ?

the station file name determines the .html file name
you can set that in the webfiles/web page setup

re not auto updating:
is the main internet switch on?

best thing is to .zip and email me your settings files (see the FAQ on how to do that)

I will like to send you the settings, but there isn’t af “Faq” in the program.

Write a little more detail how it is or send a link

The FAQ is not in the program, but in the FAQ section of this board http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/12684.

• Jim

I have tested here with your settings
and the FTP upload is occuring auto at the times you have set, in the upload times (in the FTP/Internet setup)
which is every 30 minutes

I would like to translate pages from English and Danish, but which files can I edit without causing problems.

There are the following:

HTML files
.htm
dailylogout.html
fwi.htm
mywebpagetemplateout.html
ventus.html (the initial html file)

TXT files
Client traw.txt
Client trawdaily.txt
Client trawextra.txt
Client trawhour.txt
Client trawtemp.txt
datahtm0.txt
datahtm0menu.txt
datahtm0old.txt
datahtm1.txt
datahtm2.txt
datahtm3.txt
dropdownsource.txt
lightninglog.txt
mousewebcamcustomtemp.txt
mywebpagetemplate.txt
temptagsin.txt
temptagsout.txt
webcamcustomtemp.txt

WML files
index.wml
wdlconfig.xml

please write YES if I may edit the file and NO ! 'if the file must not be changed

if you are using the 'Carterlake ’ type web site
then you can edit the
mywebpagetemplate.txt file in the webfiles folder
but I see you are not
so though you can edit the
datahtm0.txt file and datahtm3.txt files in the webfiles folder

Hi - Then I use the pulldown menues in upper right corner I get some erroe about missing files .
How do I get these files to the server?

Se attach - list of missing pictures.

Hi
if you are using the internet file creation and upload override
then you can set times to create and times to upload those missing files

Gad, I need to have a real life.
I am concerned and yet very happy to see that the word in your subject “deficalt” you left the “L” in. I know what you meant. Being a retired high school teacher combined with being married to a college English professor, seems to have brought out the worst in me. I suppose I could have use “Wurst” as a big pun.

I would go with the website routine in the Weatherdisplay program as a starter. After you have decided on your web host, I would go that route to get your feet wet, then while that is cooking along, do some of the templates.

The tough part is getting everything to ftp to your site location.

Can you elaborate on how the program I do, I have a hard time finding tundt in all the icons and menu items.

WD Control Panel (top menu bar)
Internet File creations and uploads (Top row 6th icon along)