Large Dial Image

I have just noticed that the date format on my Large Dial is showing 5/7/2015 whereas the Summary is showing my preference 7/5/2015 as set up in setup. Using r262 of a couple of days ago on Win8.1

ah
use the latest .zip beta update to fix that

I have just installed the latest full Version on 7 May 2015 - 21:37:02 (not the zip as stated but I had assumed that this would include the update).

The date is still wrong for me.

See http://www.bobhewitt.co.uk/pictures/WeatherDisplay/Erith.htm

you would need to have installed the .zip update as I posted though

If the full install shows a later date/time to the zip version I have always assumed that this will include any changes made in the zip.
I installed the 9th May full install today and the date format is still wrong. See snap shot.

Sorry if I have misunderstood.

that is odd as I am not able to reproduce the problem here
.zip and email me your settings files and I will test/check here

I think the missing information that is vital here is that the date probem shows up at the next minute update when you leave the large screen visible
use the latest .zip update to resolve that

Done the update as suggested, left the Large Display visible on the PC and the system is updating to the website with correct date format.
Whether my summary issue is related I have no idea. I am currently using summary.jpg on the carter lake web format which was working ok last night. At 04:55 this morning it stopped and hasn’t restarted. 04:55 was prior to the latest zip update.

http://www.bobhewitt.co.uk/pictures/WeatherDisplay/Erith.htm

its not clear exactly by what you mean stopped working

I have not made any change to that particular code
any errors under view, program event log?

Ok, I am talking about the Summary image now.

In webfiles I have two summary files, one a gif showing a date/time 09/05/2015 @ 08:55, the other a jpg file date/time of 10/05/2015 04:55.
If I do a View/Summary file the date/time is 10/05/2015 14:26 (my current time and the data shown is correct).
I am using a carter-lake template which has the entry of :-

Large Display and Summary Data

Incidentally looking in View/Weather Dials the date showing is 05/10/2015 (wrong format). Here the date time is difficult to read (pale blue background bright green text) - Could be my fault but not sure where I can change this.

Nothing in the Fault Log.

Once I can see current summary files in the web files folder I can then check the websites as I have tried both file types. In b81 they were always gif files.

Does this help?

you might have ticked to use jpg instead of gif
in the summary image setup (in the webfiles/web page setup)

Just checked the the white square box is unticked :frowning:

you would need that setting ticked if you want the summary.jpg updating and uploading

its not very clear to me if you want summary.gif or summary.jpg being created and uploaded

I have always had summary gif to my website as well as in a carter-lake page. It’s only in the testing that I tried the jpg version.

Ok, I see the problem
WD beta version was forcing to use summary.jpg on restart
use the latest version to fix that (build 263)

At 07:00 here I updated the WD to b263 plus the zip update afterwards.
I am on 5 minute web updates so I will have seen 3 updates at least.
Looking at wdisplay/webfiles folder now, I have a summary.gif date/time 09/05/15 08:55, a summary.jpg 11/05/15 04:55. This jpg file has move on exactly one day from when I last looked at it.
Also, I now noticed that on my carterlake webpage the two temperature panels are timed at 19:55. The Large Display image is now stuck on 10/05/15 19:55. The Main Display image is fine.
Is this :55 minute time of any significance?

you should ideally be checking the files in the webfiles folder

also are you using the customise internet and file creation setup override?

also did you not say you have now ticked to use jpg for the summary image?

I have always used the gif option for files as my website is set up for them. I did make a change to jpg during some experimentation. Yesterday it was set back to gif or I thought it was. Today I did the upgrade and the option is set at jpg. In webfiles yes I now have current temp panel and Large Display as jpg’s So, I can either revert my webpages to jpg. OR is there a possiblity of the new version putting the tick to jpg as a default.

I don’t tend to use customised internet and creation. All showing red buttons and Override is OFF and in Red. Main is Green of course.

I’ll leave well alone until I hear back from you.

Thanks

bit of confusion here I think
there is an option in the webfiles/web page setup, to use jpg or gif
but then there is also an option in the summary image and icon setup, summary image, to use jpg or gif re the summary image

re customise internet and file creation setup: its recommended to use that setup (that has always been the case)