Aardvark continues on his saga to Keep Brian awake at nights

I downloaded the app for IOS. I have the 5s, with the latest OS in it. Plenty of space.
I set up both on weather display as I should and notice when I click on the settings of the Wdliveapp there is a gray area at the top that says URL to Clientraw.txt file and a blue save. I can’t type in that space on the phone. I can save it but somewhere my settings are screwy. I tried to delete the app off my phone, then restarted it and it is picking up some data somewhere but I have no idea where.

I know it has to be on my part. Everything else , the teather isworking as it should.

normally it should pick up your data via the tethering data over your local LAN wifi when you are at home
(make sure to have set in WD, setup, send tetherdata and the sendtetherdata program is running (you could try restarting that program)

entering the URL to a book mark, e.g bookmark 1, is to use that clientraw url when you are not at home
I will test doing this on one of the kids iphones…

I will give that a try. The data I was receiving was something that I didn’t recognize and didn’t match up with what I was showing on the display. I’ll try to enter a bookmark, it wouldn’t let me do that. when I tried to enter anything on the bookmark, I got no where.

re entering bookmark URL
I think you are trying to click in the title area instead of the text input area
i.e try the next ‘row’ down

as it works here in testing

I was having the same issue. To find the input area I needed to drag down to “open” the area. Had me trying for ages…

I might be confusing you Brian.

On my iPad touch I have your iWD as well as the newer WDliveapp.

With the iWD my only concern is having to hit the bookmark 1 (which contains my URL) each time I open the app. Am I missing something to keep this saved so it automatically loads the data.

With the WDliveapp and the latest update it no longer appears to be live. The update time stays static here but if I close and reload it updates the data.

re live for Wdliveapp
is that fir using tethering data
i.e is wdsesendtetherdata running?

I deleted it, restarted my phone and re installed the app
I was waiting with the wife to get her car fixed, when I noticed there was now a rectangle area below where it says to put in the URL. So I put in http://www.desmoinesweather.org/weatherdata. Not a thing changed, so I modified this : http://www.desmoinesweather.org/weatherdata/clientraw.txt and it worked.

The book mark I haven’t got to, but if the url works do I need the bookmark?

I have the teathering app running and I can see it in the systray. before the bookmark, all I got was that the temp was 62.3 and the wind gust 2 was 27. I don’t know where that data is coming from .

So… is the app getting the information from the teather or is it going to the web clientraw.txt location.

That is my question too. I have the URL entered and I am sitting here at home with my iPod Touch. My Console is next to me and changes on it are not being reflected on the iPod. The Update time is static. If I close the app and start it again the the data is current. I noticed the new WDLiveapp option in set up (thanks to a previous post here) and gave the top item a tick.

As an experiment I deleted the app from the iPos and restored it back again from the updated app using iTunes and a cable. I switched it on and default data appeared i.e. 62.1F at an update time of 11:17:29 AM. At this stage I haven’t added a URL. Not sure if this helps?

the next update of the app I will make it clearer where you enter the URL and also make the keyboard a URL entry type

I have been following this thread and the comments by bhassell in the Bug board.
Using the most current WD version b263.
In WD I have the settings/send data to WDLiveApp (Yes, ticked)
To see any data on the iPod Touch I have to close an exosting app running and restart. It then shows the current WD data but it never updates. To do this I can close it but that’s not the idea as it’s not Live.
Should the tether program be running automatically and showing in the taskbar? It’s not.
In Task Manager (W8.1) it’s not running as an App or as a background process.

yes, the wdsendtether program needs to be running
(see under setup, send tether data…to enable that)

If you are talking about setup and the bottom option Send data to WDLiveApp, I have it set to YES.

I cannot see any mention of wdsendtether.

I can run this manually of course but I don’t think that is the idea.

Just discovered that running it manually is prevented by Windows 8.1 as you are an unknown author ! I bypassed that and ran it anyway and it’s working with current data being received.

Any advice to overcome the initial block would be welcome -

I will code sign it for the next update