Re: comm port error fix

Hi
thanks for sharing that tip!
I sure hopes it helps others wtih the same issue too :slight_smile:

I too have had the same identical error but not on every restart.
Using XP Pro SP2 & WM918

Thankyou thankyou thankyou.

I had resorted to a script which checed for the test CommPort error in the title bar and rebooted the computer until this went away! Horrible!

Thankyou
Adrian

excellent - thanks for the info - yes will try this out next time it happens which isn’t often but when it does it is frustrating.

you can have a “sunny” for that :slight_smile:

Check it out! I got a user climate point! :lol: And I’m so inexperienced with computers and all this kind of stuff. I’ve been having so much computer trouble this past month and I went through many total restores with my old computer and then went through 2 new computers. Besides a DVD draw breaking on one of new computers, the trouble I was having turned out to be a weak cable connection so I did away with my wireless router adapter and just ran a hard wire in the wall. That solved my trouble. But during the craziness, I discovered what was going on. It was a very lucky find. My com port error didn’t happen every time I restarted my computers, but when it hit it was a real hassle. I’m glad I was able to help out some of you. Thanks for the “sunny” Bristol. You just made my night.

Billy
http://www.angelfire.com/ny5/billyliny/wxstation.html

i see you have a bolteck windman, and nexstorm?
there is a ligthning flash coming out soon (i.e a windows within weather display live, showing the latest lightning strike information, live!)

Well, I, umm, well there goes my point

Hello all. I get this comm port error sometimes and have resorted to rebooting until WD comes up clean.

I’ve looked in device manager for a ball mouse but all I show is a PS2 compatible mouse, which is what I have connected so I don’t want to remove that!

I tried the startupman.exe software, butthat did not run.

Any other ideas to fix this?

Thanks

re run the startupman.exe

Thanks Brian. I re run the startup.exe I took outsome programes which allows WD to rule - all ok now by the looks. Cheers, Nick