iWD For Andriod gets Confused

Well let’s try this AGAIN!!! I was doing a post and it timed out or dumped it when I posted it.
I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 Android version 4.1.2 with T-Mobile.
What I am seeing with iWDPRO version 1.0.6 and the previous version on Play Store is…
In Setup I have two links programed in. One IP for local WiFi LAN and one IP for Internet Cell Tower and remote WiFi LAN.
If I am away from home at another location and try to switch from local WiFi LAN to Internet IP the app locks up and you have to wait for the disclaimer screen “wait,report,exit” to come up. waiting does no good as the app is already confused.
If I am home and try to switch from Internet IP address back to local WiFi LAN I either get a socket error or the app closes.
So trying to switch between two programed in links is useless. And I need to be able to do that as I use both local WiFi LAN and remote cell towers or WiFi LAN’s. And yes I have both links programed in right. I do this kind of programing all the time for other app’s and web browsers.

a solution is to not have the update on start up switch
and then force updating via the needed bookmark

Thanks for the info…
So what Manually force updates after connected?
Or turn update rate back on after connected?
As it does not seem to want to auto update with update rate turned off.
Thanks,

clicking on a bookmark should work OK
(with the update on start up switch off)
to get auto updates working for that bookmark url

Hi Brian, OK after manually starting the URL per the previous post with the update on start up switch off.
It will only update the one time. I still have to turn the update on start up switch back on for it to continue with the auto updates.
Will there ever be an app fix for these issues?
…Joel

Will there ever be an app fix for these issues

not sure why you have made that post?
strange

I will upload today a new update so that when you use a bookmark like this it will kick start auto udates

OK very good. Just didn’t know if this had been an on going problem or not.
Since I didn’t know how long the app had been in service

this particular problem is a unique problem
that will only affect very few people

OK very good.

Well if the update Wednesday morning was to fix the issues I a seeing with auto update.
It did not help. It still only updates the one time. And now on the new update. If I manually switch at work to the Internet IP URL. And when I bring the app up. It just stays in black. If you are using an S4 it should not be that much different than my S3.
…Joel

the change in this update is to kick start auto updating after loading a bookmark

your other particular unique problem with your setup :

if you just poing the URL to the clientraw.txt file to be to a full web site URL
e.g my one
then you should have no problems (i.e for when your phone uses your wireless internet or mobile internet)

its no problem like that here or for other users

What you are saying defeats the purpose of the app. So I guess I will uninstall it.
I already have a personal WD web page. I don’t need the app for that

the purpose of the app is to be able to see your weather data, on your phone, quickly and easily, when you are away from home
(or even at home…around the house/outside…etc…(via the phone using your wireless internet connection instead of mobile (which it auto switches too))

Well figure out how to make it do it properly on all Android SmartPhones. If that is the purpose of the app it is not doing it for me. Everything you say I am not seeing. This thing definitely does not auto switch. And there is nothing quick or easy about it. Other than not quickly updating. But quickly getting confused. Yes if you don’t change URL’s and don’t turn the auto update off it will do fine. But that is not being able to use it at home and away quickly and easily.

OK I think I just found a BUG. I had to program in four different URL path favorites in setup before it would start auto switching the URL favorites. and I can now leave auto start update turned on. Mind you I only discovered this by accident. Now things are starting to work properly.

Well now I don’t know…?? There was another update this morning and when I left home to go to work (Away from home) When I brought the app up it would lock up.
It would not auto switch URL or let me turn the auto update on start up switch off. It just sits dumb until it finally goes to the Do you want to close it? “wait/report/OK” window.
So…it is still not working right.

what is the URL you are using?

I do not have the problem you are experiencing here
and I do not currently have any other reports of this problem

I see you have given it a bad review
due to the fact it does not work with your own server based clientraw file

hopefully other satisified users will post good reviews
(all other reviews have been 4 or 4+ for iWD android and iWD iphone, and there is one 4+ review now for iWpro android)
(thanks for those!)

but you are not going to please everyone…I have learnt that…

It will still not work for people that are configured the same as I am and are not using an external server away from their home. If their modem and or router will not loop back.

yes…but you are the first person I have come across that has this problem…
and its a real shame that you then put a negative review on a $3.50 app
I will give you a refund
do you have a paypal account?