cronmysql circular datasource error

Hei,

Im tryng to get consolewd to log data to mysql database. But when running cronmysql i get this error:

pi@raspberrypi ~/consolewdfiles $ sudo ./cronmysql
An unhandled exception occurred at $00039120 :
EDatabaseError : Circular datasource references are not allowed.
  $00039120
  $000389AC
  $0000E52C

I have seen older post about this error inb the forum but none of them provided a fix for this problem.
what could be the problem?

I have the same problem here. Like you, I have read other posts and without luck tried some that was suggested in those.

I have seen Brian suggested to check the database name and table name. Mine are database: weather, table: wx_data. So they are not similar so shouldn’t be an issue. Also the schema for the wx_data table i found on the forums. Not sure it is correct but couldn’t find anything about that in readme as config file says.

I have seen that also.

I have different names for the database and the table. The error is still there.

Did someone ever solve this?

The Mysql version i was trying this was 5.5, so i thought maybe trying older version of mysql with consolewd. Well, plan didnt work so well, getting this error:

root@raspberrypi:/home/pi# apt-get install mysql-server-5.1
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
Some packages could not be installed. This may mean that you have
requested an impossible situation or if you are using the unstable
distribution that some required packages have not yet been created
or been moved out of Incoming.
The following information may help to resolve the situation:

The following packages have unmet dependencies:
 mysql-server-5.1 : Depends: mysql-client-5.1 (>= 5.1.62-1) but it is not going to be installed
                    Depends: libmysqlclient16 (>= 5.1.50-1) but it is not going to be installed
                    PreDepends: mysql-common (>= 5.1.62-1) but it is not going to be installed
E: Unable to correct problems, you have held broken packages.

So, bump #-o . This isnt a solution also…

(Running latest version of raspbian)

My MySQL version is 5.5.32-cll and gives the circular datasource error message.

Hello,

Same problem for me too. Which mysql-client version is required and works ?
Thank you

Eric

I have same problem. It used to work but abruptly stopped. At that time, it was said it was probably my fault by adding a year column, reading this makes me think this is not the case.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

I have re-installed my raspberry and consolewd for pi. I get the same issue :(. If I rename config.txt to config.old, I get the same error message. If I put right or wrong database information in config.txt file, I get the same issue too. I think config.txt is not correctly read by cronmysql.

Brian, could you confirm we can run cronmysql directly or is it a “sub-program” of consolewd ? Is there any debug option we can put to get more details on this problem ? How can we be sure config.txt is correctly read ? What is the difference between cronmysql and cronmysql2 ? Have you any idea how to solve this issue ?

Thanks in advance for your help.
Regards, Eric

@stuartturrell: You are lucky. It worked. For me it has never worked. My SQL server is remote and the version is 5.1 (I can’t upgrade the server version - Synology server). Did you solve the issue ? What is your configuration (mysql version/db name/user) ? Is your database remote as well ? If you create a new database without year column, does it work ? Did you change the user/password/table name/etc… ? Did you upgrade the raspberry OS ? Did you install mysql-client on the raspberry ?

@soend: Did you find a solution to install mysql-client-5.1 on raspberry ? Is the issue solved for you ?

@Brian: Any idea ? Is cronmysql working on remote mysql 5.1 ?

Thanks in advance for your help

I did not find the solution and by reading all the other posts here it wouldnt help anyway. Just waiting a response from Brian now…

I have installed mysql 5.5 server on another system and mysql client 5.5 on raspberry but I still get the same issue :frowning: :frowning: :frowning:

Is anybody confirm that the latest version of cronmysql (Build Version on 29 October 2013) works ?

Brian, please please please, could you anwser to my previous questions and assist me to determine the cause of this issue ?
Could you give me more information how cronmysql connects to a remote db ? Does it use 3306 default mysql server port ? Do I need to configure anything on the mysql client ? Do I need mysql-client on pi ? Also I have edited /etc/mysql/my.cnf and put the same information as config.txt but without any success. Is cronmysql use any other config file ?

Is there any mysql expert that could help us ???

Thanks in advance for your help.
Eric

I will see if I can find some time to look into this more soon

(have a daughter doing exams at the moment, so running around after her and helping with revision, etc)

Thank you Brian
(good luck with the exams)

I have had alot of trouble with my raspberr pi…wont start up…etc
so I have purchased a new SD card (16GB)
to replace the old 4GB one I had
so just re setting up everthing again…

looking at the code
the database name/table name is stored in the wdconsole.ini file
in the [MYSQL] section

whats the easiest way to set up a MYSQL server on the raspberry pi?
(so I can test this)

sudo apt-get install mysql-server

cool
and to start it running?
will need to create a table too, set database name, etc

You write

mysql

to terminal and after that follow this tutorial:
This looks good tutorial: http://www.wikihow.com/Create-a-Database-in-MySQL

have run into a snag
I have mysql installed
I set up a password too