"New" tower setup... finally finished

I originally tried posting something, but my post was eaten by the system and I didn’t type the post elsewhere first.

Anyway, here’s my “finished” tower installation since I was finally able to finish it without having to rent a lift. Old height was 30 feet or so, and now I’m at 46’, 10". I’m still around a lot of trees, but I’m happy with the height. So, here is the first publicly posted picture of my tower/station. The ISS is just below the bottom end of the picture…

edited:
Correction, 46’, 10" not 47’, 10"

8O

No radio antenna’s??? 8O

Nope, no radio antennas yet. I do plan on putting up a QFH antenna for a future APT system and possibly a standard TV/FM antenna, but that’s not a huge priority at the moment.

Is it a tilt over or do you have to climb it? I have a 40’ that I can tilt over to work on antenna’s makes it nice!! :smiley:

Hi Steve

Care to share any info on your tilt over tower? I have been thinking of getting one and would appreciate any thing you have to say.

Thanks Andy

Andy
Mine is an old Aluminum street light pole I made the base myself and put a 4’x4’x5’ hole full of cement in the ground…I use my tractor and a piece of carpet on the bucket to tilt it up and down works very well!!

Thanks for the reply. I think I will go with a more “traditional” approach. :smiley:

Andy

No problem they guy next door to me had 4 of these poles he was going to recycle and he gave me one!! :smiley:

I have to climb it. A tilt tower is out of the question here. No space for it.

Better you than me I get dizzy looking at my feet!! :smiley:

kewl
thats a good looking tower :slight_smile:

Here is a picture just for n7xrd :slight_smile: :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m also going to be moving my primary server to a different hardware platform as well.

:smiley: I’d be the one on the ground crew!!