iWD V1.0.8 not updating screen

Brian I have just updated iWD to 1.0.8 on my Sony Xperia and it is not displaying any new data, the screen shows nothing on the dials and just dashes for where the text data should be. I have forced stop and restarted several times but it is still not updating the main screen with any data.

Stuart

works OK Here

and no other reports of a problem with version 8

what shows at the bottom of the setup screen

also is the switch on in the setup screen

and have you tried click on the update arrow to the right of the URL for the clientraw.txt file

Brian I have tried everything and yes the switch is on. I can see activity on the network when it is trying to communicate.

I just tried it again and it is now working… now I have no idea why it suddenly started working. I was trying for probably 10 minutes to get it to work before I opened this thread but it simply would not display any data. I had done several force stops and then restarted it and hit the reload on the setup page but nothing would get it to display the data.

I cant explain what happened, only thing was that it was using wi-fi at the time but there was no problem on my connection as other stuff was accessing the internet just fine.

One other thing which I have noticed for all releases so far is that the small weather icon does not change, my text conditions say mainly cloudy but the icon just stays as the default startup one.

Stuart

the icon changes here

it uses the icon number in the clientraw file and not the weather conditions text

OK I just compared my iWD icon with the icon number (offset 48) in my clientraw and it is 3 for type and description is cloudy but the icon is still default on iWD screen. My forecast icon (offset 15) is 0 sunny. I assume the icon shold be the current conditions icon not the forecast one, or am I wrong.

Stuart

PS. If you look right now it changed to 0 as the sun came out! However when I checked it was 3 a few minutes ago.

Hi Brian

Just purchased the Android version of iWD and I get blank dials and graphs.

When I choose one of the bookmarks in the setup screen i get this message “Invalid floating point operation”

I have setup autoupdate to 60 secs.

Running on Samsung Galaxy S3

Best regards,
Henrik

I had that problem as well Henrik, I deleted the app and re-installed and it was OK after that.

Stuart

Hi Stuart (and Brian)

It solved the problem by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.

Where do I change units from Fahrenheit to Celcius? I dont see the option in the “Units” tab.

Thanks for the app

Best regards,

Henrik

Ps. the app seems to work fine - but in the very bottom I see this message:
“Error Sockeet Error # 107
Socket is not connected.”

that error means the app was not able to download the clientraw.txt file (for what ever reason)

re celsuis
for some reason the celsius/farenheit buttons have disappeared…
I will fix and re upload an update

Brian even with this latest update today my main screen conditions icon still never updates, it only shows the default sunny one. I have checked my clientraw.txt and assuming it is using offset 48 Icon Type it is currently 19 (Partly Cloudy). Offset 15 Forecast Icon is indeed 0 (Sunny). Are these icons stored somewhere separately from the program or built in? If separate I could check to see if they are installed.

Stuart

I did find one mistake with the icon setting for sunny or overcast night that will be fixed for the next update

it uses the data from clientraw , position 48

when you say default sunny one, which one?
you mean with a couple of clouds and sun?
if so then that is the partly cloudy icon

Brian it is a plain blue background with what looks like a white sun at the top right. I’ve always assumed this is Sunny. I’ll wait for the next update and test again. Thanmks…

Stuart