iWD for Android startup

Brian I wanted to let you know that iWD on my Android phone does seem a bit slow when starting from scratch, it’s OK if I just use the home button and leave it in the background and it comes up almost instantly then. I also notice that when I start it up the screen goes black for a while, then a small white square opens with what look like scroll bars, this then disappears and the setup screen displays, I leave it and it then updates and displays the main screen. So I am puzzled firstly by the white square and secondly whether or not it should open the setup and then switch to the main screen? I am using a Sony Xperia S on 4.1.2 with the latest iWD update from today (1.0.7).

Stuart

if you have the switch on, then yes it goes from the setup to the main screen

the white square is an unparented twebbrowser on start up…a compiler glitch

I would not worry

OK however what I had thought should happen with that switch was that if on it should go directly to the main screen and update the data without displaying the startup screen. I think that would be a better way of working from my perspective, dont know how others feel.

OK so the compiler should fix that at some time in the future…

One other thing is that if you turn off the switch it loses the settings for the graphs and you need to set them up again which I think should not happen. At least that is what happened when I tried turning off and on the switch.

Brian I really like the app and do find it useful, none of these are big problems, just my thoughts about it so far…

Stuart

the latest update should start up a bit faster
also some new features

Brian out of interest I put a stop watch on startup, so I have something to compare with in future. It took 11 seconds to display the setup page and then just over 16 seconds in total (ie a further 5 seconds) for the main screen to display. This is on a Sony Xperia S with android 4.1.2, the Xperia has a 1.5ghz dual core processor.

I cant really say whether or not this is significantly faster than before but at least now I have a benchmark.

Stuart

twice as fast as that here on my Galaxy S4 Mini phone