iWD for Android

note you need to have it as the full URL to the clientraw.txt file
i,e
http://www.jolietwx.com/clientraw.txt

vers 1.05 out soon with QR reader added :slight_smile:

tested and works with the jolietwx one above :slight_smile:

Brian has the version with the barcode reader been uploaded yet? I just installed 1.05 and I cannot find how to read barcodes with it. I have the barcode reader installed OK.

Stuart

Can auto rotate be added?

I use a Nexus 10 in landscape mode often.

You have to touch your settings button on the phone while in the app. You will then see, more data, meso data list, and QR bookmark reader at the bottom of the screen. I did this but it tells me I have to install the barcode app but I already have it installed. Does it work for anyone else?

Oh, I see. It tells you you have to load it but if it’s already loaded then just select the position you want it saved and touch the “share” symbol at the top.

Yes I see, I was not expecting to hit the settings button. Anyway done that and as you say it does work but is not very intuitive, it should know that the app is already there and not prompt you to install it.

Stuart

I was not expecting to hit the settings button. Anyway done that and as you say it does work but is not very intuitive, it should know that the app is already there and not prompt you to install it.

I did say above that you had to hit the menu (settings) button

and I do not know how to find out if an app is installed already…I cant perform miracles

Sorry Brian I missed the settings button bit. As to the app being installed I meant that as more of a suggestion. I guess we have become accustomed to you performing if not miracles maybe some magic over the years :wink: I just hope you keep developing this app over time…

Stuart

Brian,
I pick the bookmark location and click on the “scan” icon. It scans the QR code, beeps and the screen goes black and it locks up. Just wondering if this is happening to anyone else. This is with my Galaxy S3.
jp

@broadstairs

I just hope you keep developing this app over time...

but I have been
and where have you got the idea I wont be?
what an odd thing to say

re jpmorgan49

it should after a few seconds go back to the QR reader screen

but its all depending on the success of a call back …its not 100% full proof the code I have in use…
it does however work OK here in testing

anyone else get it to work?

I just tried it again Brian with my own QR code. It still appears to lock after the code is read. I let it wait and eventually I get a message that iWDPro is not responding do you want to close? I choose Wait twice but then the 3rd time I had to choose “close”. I’ll be interested to see if it’s working for anyone else. I’m glad to hear at least it worked for you Brian.
jp

I migth have to tweak things to get it to work better for others
(might depend on speed of phone, etc)
( I have a Samsung S4 mini)

Brian I can get it to work on my Xperia phone but it does run rather slowly and not infrequently get the not responding pop-up to which I reply wait and eventually it usually comes back, on a couple of occasions it does not and I get a black screen and have to OK the message or go to the phone apps and force stop it. This happens mostly when trying things like the QR stuff, normally it runs reasonably when just displaying my data.

Stuart

one thing that might help is I disable getting live data while its doing the QR reader thing

Seems to have been removed from the Play store, can’t find it in there at all.

Right here:

Name changed to iWDPro

-Bob

Yep, installed now, works fine on Nexus 4.

Hi…
Those who had bought the iWD will have to re-buy the iWDPro ?
Why me do not let me to do installation if not re-buy .
Any idea ?

George.

George,

-Bob