iWD for Android

Your WDL is showing a nighttime icon…

Sorry not sure where to look…

-Bob

I have been having a problem where iWD shows onmly the sunny icon despite my clientraw file containing the correct value for the current conditions. I mentioned this to Brain and he said here that he had found a small bug and it would be fixed in the next update. I have been checking the Android store but the latest is still the version I have installed (unless he updated that and not changed the version number).

Stuart

the next version that has this fixed will be
iWDpro

which will be a nominal fee to upgrade to (eg cents)
(until everyone has upgraded)
as my keystore file got corrupted with a compiler upgrade (which means I cant update the current version on the google play store)

iWDPro will be available soon on the Google Play store
To get the settings transfered to the new version, set to save current iWD app, apps setttings to your SD card, via application manager (see in your phone settings)
iWDPro price is initially the lowest I can get set it…so that people can upgrade to that…

It fixes the icon problem

and adds new more data screen (see in the setup screen…scroll down…click to highlight then click again)
also adds speech …(still working on adding more features to this eg like threshold warnings etc)
(your phone will need to be able to support this)

Hi Brian

Just upgraded to iWDPRO and I’m getting the following error: “Error Socket Error #13 Access Denied”. Also can’t access the WD site when I click “Website”. Really strange as iWD was working correctly. Internet connection via the web browser is working correctly.

:?

Cheers

MikeyM

Previous version ran on my galaxy s3. This runs w/out any error msg, but no info displays on screen for default setting …/windy/clientraw2.txt

Doesn’t load my site either, which worked ok in the reg ver.

Thanks

I’m getting the same error on Pro, the regular iWD is working fine.
jp

might be a permissions problem in the settings
I will compare…

(it does work ok here though)

I have found and fixed the problem
its a compiler bug when switching from debug to release mode

vers 2 of iWDpro will be available soon to update to

Thanks, that fixed it-

HI Brian

Updated working correctly - THANKS.

Cheers

:smiley:

MikeyM

Brian I have updated to iWDPro now but my icon on screen still shows sunny when the icon type field shows 5 not 0. As I have said before this icon never has changed ever since I first installed iWD.

Stuart

5 is sun with a few clouds (i.e default icon)
as per the clientrawdescription
for position 15 in the clientraw.txt file

your particular problem will depend on how you have WD setup re the icon in the clientraw file

Brian I am not sure I understand. I thought offset 15 in clientraw.txt was forecast icon which currently shows 0 and never seems to change. Position 48 shows right now 1 which if I am correct is Night Time and I should see a clear night icon, I dont I see sunny. I have not changed any settings in this area for years in WD. Can you tell me what I should have as a setting in WD? I thought the icon on iWD(Pro) would work off offset 48 which is what I use on my website and always follows the main screen icon on WD. I am expecting iWD(Pro) to show an icon for the current conditions not the forecast one.

Stuart

position 15 will work OK if WD not set to use the forecast icon from the station
but I will update iWDpro to use data position 48 now…

I did not realise that Brian, dont think I have ever changed the setting in WD. I know my website uses position 48 which I always assumed was the correct one. Thanks for taking the time on this…

Stuart

PS Just checked and I do not have ticked to use Station forecast so surely my position 15 should reflect the same value as position 48, but it does not.

Now after the latest update my iWDPro now shows Night Time icon as it should. Thanks Brian.

Stuart

My night Time icon is correct also.
Jp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk 2

latest version has more data added to the more data screen
and a new ‘meso’ list of your bookmarked stations…i.e showing the data along side each other…great for comparing conditions for stations in your area

I have found a way to read a QR Bar code
so as to easily get the URL to your clientraw file into the app

its easy to create a QR for your web site…e.g
http://www.the-qrcode-generator.com/
just type in the URL and its created on the fly…and then you would just have that on your web site somewhere…and then people can scan that, from the iWD app, to get a bookmark to your data
e.g for people who use your data in your area sort of thing

the only other requirement is you need to install a small free app first
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.google.zxing.client.android

good idea to add this?