HOWTO: ConsoleWD for Raspberry Pi Setup Instructions - Old version

Brian

Have made some progress (trial and error).
Changed the station type to 34 (universal).
Set the Comport to 1.

Get this now:

If use this program,then please consider sending a PayPal donation to [email protected] (Brian Hamilton)
to help with costs, and support, thanks!
www.weather-display.com
Data OK
Current data 15:54:55: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:56: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:58: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:54:59: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
**** doing minute routines now 15:55:00
**** updating clientraw extra files
**** updating data logs
updating wunderground
Sending WU data now
updating records to ini file
WU data to send https://weatherstation.underground.com/

Wunderground data send Ok 15:55:02
Data OK
Current data 15:55:04: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:55:06: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
Current data 15:55:07: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
…etc…
THEN THIS:
Current data 15:55:59: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
**** doing minute routines now 15:56:00
**** updating clientraw extra files
**** updating data logs
Data OK
Current data 15:56:02: Temperature= 13.0 Windspeed =0.0 Gustspeed =0.0 Direction =0 Humidity=0 Barometer=1013.0 Daily Rain=0.0 Rain Rate 0.0mm/min
Data OK
…etc…

My …etc… means same type info following.
A couple of issues are that the Temperature is wrong, and the Wind information and Humidity are not correct (seems to be 0). Barometer is actually 1017.8, so that is wrong, but at least getting somewhere.

So, does this help?

@Weather Station
Brian
Any comment on my previous post?

that is just showing default readings only…not actually working

@Weather Station
Thanks Brian

I have been running Meteohub software, but had problems with the Micro SD card and file failures.
I like the look of your product better and hence tried to install.

Are there certain Linux commands that you run in your programs to open the USB interface and extract the data?

btw, when I do a lsusb on the RPi, I get the following which indicates it recognises the WMR300.
pi@raspberrypi:~ $ lsusb
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 0fde:ca08 Oregon Scientific
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 0424:ec00 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMSC9512/9514 Fast Ethernet Adapter
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 0424:9514 Standard Microsystems Corp. SMC9514 Hub
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 1d6b:0002 Linux Foundation 2.0 root hub

Any other ideas?

the problem is this error
USBWrite Write Erro Broken pipe
but I am not sure why that is occuring
does Meteohub work with a WMR300?

Thanks Brian

Yes, it does. Have had it working for a number of years.

@Weather Station
Brian

Is there anything I can send to you on the Meteohub files?

If anyone gets this combination to work please post it here…

Oregon Scientific WMR-300 and Raspberry Pi-3b +

Thanks in advance…

re meteohub
consolewd can be set to use data from a meteobridge

I could add support for meteohub?

@Weather Station
Brian

I am not sure what you mean from that statement. I don’t have a meteobridge. I just run Meteohub on the RPi to get the data.
It only takes the data from the USB connection and can’t interogate the WMR300 to get historial data or anything like that.

Cheers.

yes
and
so
I could get consolewd to get the data from meteohub
if you wanted

@Weather Station
Thanks Brian

Yep. If you could an it’s not too much work. Your system seems to have better reporting that I have found in Meteohub.
Cheers.

OK…
are you able to port forward your meteohub and let me know that, so that I can test here?

Brian

I’m not sure. How would I do that?

Cheers

Which did you end up going with? I am considering moving on from the PC version to a raspberry Pi. I used to leave the Windows PC on 24x7. I moved to an apartment for about a year and got out of the habit of leaving the PC powered on.

Nobody answered the question, and the project dropped off my radar. One day I’ll pick it up again.

Hi,

I could highly recommend a RPI3b, mine has been running without a flaw for 2 years now, if i did not had to do a apt-get update or an apt-get upgrade every now and then, it would have been running now for almost 2 years non-stop!
Also there’s a new version out for the Raspberry, the RPI4b, but that’s brandnew and probably overkill if you just want to work with consolewd…

Staccermaccer AKA Marc,

I have an RPI2B, would ConsoleWD run on it? Might have to try it out, always another project… :slight_smile:
-G.

Hi,

New to this forum and consoleWD. I am using a RPi 3 Model B. I have the Raspian Buster with Desktop image on the SD card. Using the Meteo-Pi for the logger with the Davis Vantage Pro2.

I tried to foloow the RaspberryPi consoleWD step-by-step post. I tried to follow the steps without any success.

No disrespect to WVDKUIL for posting the step-by-step instructions.

I have a fair grasp of Linux, not great, but fair.

First step install extra libs

1.1 install usb libs

1.1.1 modify /etc/apt/sources.list

Add one line to that file, remember to use sudo or use the gui in a root file-manager window

deb http://ftp.nl.debian.org/debian/pool/main/u/udev/libudev-dev_175-7.2_armhf.deb sid main

1.1.2 execute in a terminal window

sudo apt-get install libudev-dev
sudo apt-get install libusb-dev

1.2 install libhid

1.2.1 download from http://alioth.debian.org/frs/?group_id=30451.
It is placed into your home folder[/b][/b]

Is there a more recent step-by-step install instructions available on this forum?

Please accept my apologies for being the Newbie at this.

Thanks for the help.

Ron

have you tried first simply copying the library files in the deploy folder for consolewd to
/usr/lib/ and /usr/local/lib/
(as sudo via command line)
then run consolewd ?
sudo ./consolewd