HOWTO: ConsoleWD for Raspberry Pi Setup Instructions - Old version

Thanks, just tried this today on My Pi which has been doing nothing but gathering dust for the last few months. The guide is excellent and everything works pretty much as it should.

Done.

If Wim can copy the step-by-step into a new thread then we can put it into the forums FAQ section. :wink:

I put it in a new thread
http://discourse.weather-watch.com/t/58766
Wim

Wim,

Good job on write, thanks for posting that. :smiley:

http://alioth.debian.org is not available.

Are there any other site where download libhid library?

Regards

I have problems with the directory structures,
As i have /public_html on my server. I have done:

Do clientraw FTP=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no), uploads every 1 minute
FTP server=hetweerindiemen.nl
FTP username=“username”
FTP password=“password”
FTP port=21 //default is 21
FTP remote dir=/public_html/voorpagina/
FTP remote dir wx.html=/public_html/voorpagina/
FTP remote dir wx2.html=/public_html/
FTP use passive=Y //(set to Y for yes, N for no)
FTP use remote file rename= //Write here the remote name: NOTE that not all FTP servers allow remote file rename"
FTP time interval=60 //the interval between two upload of the clientraw.txt and custom file
Save logfile=Y //to save the .txt logfile (set to N to save on disk space)
Logfile metric=Y
Create custom file=Y //converts the custom tags in a file called wxlocal.html to wx.html
Use this filename instead of wx.html=testtags.php
Use this filename instead of wx2.html=customtextout10.txt

Even tried ./public_html/ I only get clientdraw.txt and it is placed on top (above /public_html/

Had a chat with my domain provider, They had an issue with the security of my php files, now i get everything exept customtextoud10.txt that also is writing to /voorpagina but should go to the home directory. But that is not a big problem.

re

http://alioth.debian.org is not available.

that worked OK here
maybe try again now

2015-April 29:

There is also a image available for use with the first raspberry B and the B+ So not (yet) for the 2.

The pdf is at: http://www.weerstation-leuven.be/CW-image-install-english.pdf
In the pdf is the download link.
md5 in the pdf is not updated
The download versions name = 2 but contains the latest (4) version. Although that is not important because those discussions are lost forever.

What would be the procedure to update to the latest version?

Maybe this could be added to the FAQ.

Have a nice day

Urs

I plan on running my own web server on my RPi.

How would I go about configuring the config.txt ? since I don’t want to FTP the clientraw to a server, instead just copying from /home/pi/consolewdfiles/clientraw.txt to /var/www/weather28/uploadCW/ (when using Leuven-Template 2.8 for example)

Ive seen config.txt with this text, will that work? :

copy clientraw/customclient raw to this directory=/var/www/weather28/uploadCW/
copy datafiles to this directory=
copy logfiles to this directory=

/Niklas

Hi
that should work, yes

Perfect, thanks.

or… maybe even better (to help reduce the number of read/write on the SD-card), if you could specify the path in which to create the original clientraw.txt file… is there a setting for that in config.txt ?

or… can you create a symbolic link in the /var/www/weather28/uploadCW/ that points to the /home/pi/consolewdfiles/clientraw.txt ?

/Niklas (Linux NOOB)

When buying a RPi do you need to install any specific Linux software on it firstfirst? If so what’s recommended?
Once (should be if) I get it up and running at home is it possible to view the data on my iPad?
Complete novice on Linux and RPi.

I have been trying to get consolewd working on my RPi 2, but no luck. I have followed the instructions given by Wim back in 2013 to the letter. When I try to execute the command ./consolewd, I get an error message saying that it can’t find the command anywhere. I am running the latest version of Raspian on my Pi 2. Can anyone suggest where I might be going wrong?

@rkoradio
that error is because that version of the raspberry pi is 64 bit
but consolewd is only 64 bit

I now have a rasperry pi 3
nice unit

I see you can not download libhid from the link provided
but I already had that
seems to go through all the hoops in compiling and installing
but I do not get any new libhid .so files
which need to be 64 bit compiled

as the error I get on running consolewd is can not open those shared hid library files

need help wvdkuil ! :slight_smile:

Huh?

Typo
I meant that the current version of consolewd is 32 bit
Which will not run on a 64 bit distro raspberry pi
Which I am now trying to compile

Got it :smiley: