Climate (Karma) system trial

The forum has a ‘Karma’ system for giving members a rating based on good (and bad) posts they’ve made. I’ve decided to enable this for a trial run to see if it’s useful. As this is a weather forum, we don’t use Karma…each user has a climate rating. The rating is shown against each post.

Da Roolz:

1. Each user has a ‘climate’ value. Positive is ‘sunny’. Negative is ‘cloudy’. Magnitude of positive or negative shows how sunny or cloudy the person is.
  2. You’ll see link [sunny] and [cloudy] for a user against each post. If you think the post was good/useful, click on [sunny]. If you think the post wasn’t good, was annoying/irritating or wasn’t really helpful, click on [cloudy].
  3. There is a timed limit to the number of times you can update the climate setting. This is once per hour, but I’m not sure if that’s one climate update for you each hour or if each person can only update the climate setting for a given user once per hour. I’m sure this is something we’ll find out during the trial.
  4. You can only update climate settings once you have made at least 5 posts on the forum.
  5. The settings above are liable to change at any time and the whole climate (Karma) system is only on trial, so it too can be withdrawn at a moments notice.
  6. The Administrators decisions cannot be overruled!
  7. It’s only for fun. Don’t go off in a huff if you end up with -3000 points. Equally, don’t apply for the post of UN Ambassador if you get +50,000 points.