GFS Data Suddenly Missing

My GFS data went missing on my 6 mo. old installation on a different computer I was using rather than my several year old original installation on another computer that’s also running WD to upload data to my web site. I fired up the old installation, and voila, GFS present and accounted for and a good forecast was created. Both installations have the 3/2013 versions of WXSIMATE and WXSIM2 while the old installation has the previous version of WRET, not the latest.

I tried changing WRET back to the prior version in my WXSIM installation, but the error messsage persisted. I ran chkdsk.exe on the hard drive, but no errors were found.

Here is the content of ‘msglog.txt’:
Lincoln
6/21/2013
3:18:52 PM
No READY or GFS model data found
6/21/2013
3:19:19 PM

I suspect a corrupt file somewhere, but I’m not sure where to look since so many files are created/updated with each autorun.

And as abruptly as this problem began, 24 hrs. later it had resolved itself. I’ve no idea why it arose, and no clue as to why it disappeared. My WXSIM forecasts are again being generated by the much faster quad-core rather than the slower dual-core machine.