Might yesterday's Twitter API change be the cause of WD not updating to Twitter?

The last automated update that was posted to my @MeteoHilversum Twitter account, by WD, was last night at 23:00 (CET).
But when I check the Twitter setup in WD, at “Last data send”, it however does give the impression the hourly updates continue like they should. They just don’t show up on Twitter.

I am running WD version 10.37R Build 62.

The automated updating to Twitter has been working flawlessly for “ages” now. So I’m thinking this might have something to do with it?

https://twitter.com/twitterapi/status/344567017875046400

Am I right? Am I wrong?
Any tips/suggestions?

Thx!

:smiley:

Hello,

I’ve got the same problem with twitter. No updates since yesterday 22.00 CET.

Greatings

Bert

Same problem here also. No updates since 6/11/13 2:03 PM PDT.

https://twitter.com/ucweather

Guess I didn’t notice, but same for me too.

Time to go though and check the api…

I just went and setup again and its working…
:slight_smile: Yea~

Same problem here. Is there anything we can do here, or is this a WD resolution?

I suspect the solution will be to delete the oauthtwitter.txt file if you have that
so that then the new wdtwitter program is used instead (will then need to be logged in first time)

Good evening Brian.

I too have got problems. I have deleted the oauthtwitter.txt file, and a new one has now been created.

The last data sent shows correctly, but it does not reach twitter.

Test a data send goes through the motions, but this does not reach twitter either.

Any help would be most appreciated.

iww

Also here problems with Weatherstation Kronenburg Arnhem.
Glad I found more users with the same problem.

Same here too

I ran wdtwitternew.exe in the wdisplay directory after reading Brian’s suggestion, and afterwards the twitter test worked. Waiting for the next scheduled time but looks ok.

I couldn’t find the file Brian mentioned anywhere on the machine.

I should add that I downloaded and installed the latest build too.

I don’t have Wdtwitternew only WDtwitter and I’m on latest version?

Ok hopefully sorted. I downloaded the new install file into a dummy folder and copied the wdtwitternew.exe that came with it into my main wdisplay folder. Ran prog and re-authorised then ran test tweet and worked ok.

Just waiting to see if schedule works too

I don’t know the answer. I looked in the directory and saw wdtwitter and wdtwitternew. Tried running the first one and nothing obvious happened. Ran wdtwitternew and it asked for my twitter login. Tried a couple of test sends and they worked.

Rebooted machine and waited until 23:00 BST and the next scheduled update - which worked.

Cheers

Kev

I tried everything as provided here.
My station is still not connected to Twitter :frowning:

Hmm, test mode works but scheduled tweets don’t seem to be.

I see I’m not alone on this, good. Have tried everything listed here. No joy. Open to ideas.

John

Please note I have not tried this myself, as of yet but… (tried and success, see next post)

I suspect you need to search your WeatherDisplay folder and locate and delete twitteroauth.txt and twitteroauth2.txt (one or both) files.
(Also based on Brian’s input search for outhtwitter.txt as well and if that is present then delete that)

Make sure you have installed the FULL version of the latest build WD 10.37R Build 62

Then use the New WDTwitter to log in

-Bob

Ok…

I just completed what I posted above and after using the “Setup for first time” button under the Twitter panel I was posting again.

Note when you use the “Setup for first time” with this new WDtwitter program you will see an Authorization Page requiring your Twitter login and allowing this program to access twitter.

(Once again I was “forced” to upgrade… LOL #-o )

-Bob

Just to confirm the JaxWeather fix is good.

Back updating now.

Thanks for the help. :smiley:

Ok did same as Jax and first scheduled tweet has worked so hopefully fixed.