Any experience with ark building

I think I’d better start building an ark. We’ve only had an inch of rain today (so far), but the roads are badly flooded. It normally takes me just over 20 minutes to drive home. It took me 1h 40m this evening. OK, so an accident on the main road forced a busy two lane road through the centre of a small town (known for it’s congestion) which didn’t help much.

So I thought I’d try the back roads to bypass the jam. Bad move…lots of others were trying it and the back roads were even more underwater than the main roads. There was one 100yard long ‘road lake’ I reached where I turned back because I didn’t have my scuba diving gear with me! Lots of other roads had water 6-9 inches deep so you had to be careful not to drive too fast otherwise you’d flood the engine :frowning: Over an hour after leaving work, I drove past the site again, going in a different direction and by taking a long detour eventually got home.

I don’t ever remember seeing so many flooded roads round here. It’s just started raining again and the forecast is for more of the same over the next two days.

Do you really want this to be a religious discussion? :lol:

How about building a canoe? :stuck_out_tongue:

It’s so darn dry around here… but thank goodness the grass if finally dying. :wink:

Dry in Iowa, oh the fog and mist probably is good for the corn. its moisture, sort of.

Ark? only worry if 2 of each species of animal is assembliing by the weather station, then worry. :wink:

has there been a lot of development in the area recently? covering land with roads, homes, etc can really add to local flooding issues

In the worst affected areas there has been very little new build in at least the last 15-20 years and probably longer. The worst flooding was through the country lanes…houses maybe 1/4 to 1/2 a mile apart, so not high density housing!

The big problem in the UK, is that the flood plains are now being developed with little houses, so the traditional over-spill areas are now covered in concrete and macadam.

I will start a new topic for global warming… :slight_smile: