Garbled webcam images

I’ve been running my axis 207w webcam with WD for 6 years now with no issues. Lately, the web captures are occasionally garbled as shown in attached image. I don’t think it’s a WD issue as the image in my directory on my PC looks good. Any ideas of what might cause this? It’s a random thing.

Thanks
Bill

corruptwebcamimage.jpg

might be something in the upload of the picture to your host, not all the image is being reassembled correctly. sometimes I get partial images, maybe the top 1/3 and the rest is missing. it isn’t WD, it is the rest of the image is not on the site, but out there somewhere like Fivel.

It looks like a wobbly connection, I see this from time to time with wireless IP cams monitoring livestock.
If it only does it intermittently it’s more of a feature than a fault.

I don’t use an AXIS camera for my stills images, but do have two as live streaming cams.
However I do have a very similar problem with my webcam generated webcam image as it presents on my page, sometimes incomplete.
I have no idea why, but will watch this thread with interest.

looks like an incomplete upload
(i.e only “1 layer” uploaded)
do you have ticked, create temporary file (safe mode)
in WD webcam capture, file save (recommended)

Hi Brian,
No, I did not have temporary file/safe mode ticked. I have since ticked it. Fingers crossed. Strange how I’ve never had this issue before until recently. Maybe some change at my web host? :scratch:

Thanks