3in1: failure to show 2nd, 3rd tabs

Firstly, thank you very much for 3in1 script, it is most excellent.

I am struggling in that I am unable to get the 2nd or 3rd tabs to show in either the older (December 2012 World) script or the newer (March 2013 Europe only) script. I’ve tried everything I can think of and I’m tearing my hair out. I would very much appreciate it if somebody else could have a look; sometimes newer eyes spot something don’t they! Thank you.

Here’s a test page with the old script, and here’s a test page with the new. My lastret.txt and plaintext.txt upload OK. As far as I can see, everything is OK in my wxall.settings.php, which I’ve attached.

My instinct is that it is something with lastret.txt. I’ve set everything in wret.exe as should be (unless I’ve missed something!)

I’m at a complete loss; I’ve tried wiping and installing so many times, changing every option I could think of, and yet I’m still stuck with the same problem :confused: Any help VERY gratefully received.

Thank you so much

wxall.settings.txt (3.84 KB)

wxall.settings.txt (3.84 KB)

Your lastret.txt contains no lines at full hour time, only 10 minutes past.
Normally the script skips all lines with other times which are not needed.
Now the script does not find any lines to process, so your tabs remain empty.

As the plaintext.txt is also 10 minutes past the hour it is a setting in wxsim not in wret.

Succes,

Wim van der Kuil
www.weerstation-wilsele.be

Note that I had solved similar issues by changing options in WXSIMATE. Customize → ‘Archived data time settings’ → ‘Use 0 minutes before hour’ instead of ’ Use 5 minutes before hour’.

It has been vague but a similar reference has been made in the forums. It seems the 3in1 scripts want the details on the hour/half-hour only.

I have not had a chance to research why, but it is on my list (to help out Henkka since I am in the US)

Thank you very much. It’s something I would never have worked out, I appreciate both your help. I shall change it when I get home next Monday.

Trying to get WXSIM to output data on the hour is proving difficult.

The issue is the home station is a METAR station that outputs at 20 and 50 minutes past the hour. Whenever I set WXSIM to run, it therefore sets the inital time at 20 or 50 minutes. The options for frequency of output are then 6 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, 1 hour, 2 hours or 3 hours. None of those fit to provide an output on the hour.

When doing a manual run, I can add 10 minutes to the start time without any concern as to it significantly affecting the forecast. But I can’t get it to do that automatically on automatic forecast mode. As a result, for my forecast it isn’t possible to get the 3 in 1 script to display properly with any setting for WXSIM in automatic mode.

Any suggestions gratefully received.

Thanks

I have been looking in the PHP code, but it is beyond my abilities I am afraid. I was wondering if there is any way to add 10 minutes each time it reads a time from lastret.txt? or so that it reads each time at the hour:50 (and adds one to the hour) instead of reading hour:00?

Thanks!

Please try first to set:
Output interval: 1 hour
Iterations per interval 6
It could set the time on the output correct, I hope.
There are a lot of discussions about this issue.
Somewhere some one solved it already.
Succes, Wim

Thank you for that suggestion. Regretfully that didn’t work. But I found an unorthodox solution; I have Cumulus running on my PC for an entirely different site. I set it to import nothing but the date and time from that - problem solved. Thank you.