WS-2350 Serial spikes

Hi everyone

I recently got a WS-2350, it works ok with cumulus/heavy weather with the USB serial converter, which is good.

However I want to connect the weather station directly to my 9 pin serial port, because Cumulus has many spikes and errors when using the USB-Serial converter.

When I plug the cable in the 9 pin serial socket, Cumulus (or my PC) does not recognize any data…

The driver worked fine for the USB connection, should I install the driver or use another driver when connecting it directly to the serial port?

Any help I will be thankful
Many thanks!!!

check out the FAQ on how to replace the data cables with shielded cable (e.g CAT5)
or since you are using cumulus software, check out their forum

Thanks for reply!

It’s the serial port which is the problem not the cable because it receives with USB just not directly from the 9 pin serial. :smiley:

I asked on the Cumulus forum too

I was refering to the data cable (i.e between the console and the temp/hum sensor)
you could try at least adding a RF balun to that cable, and to the cable to the PC from the console
if you are using cumulus, best place to get support is on their forum

I would definitely try changing the cables but the first step for me is to get the WS to connect via the 9pin serial.
The reason is that many people say that all the spikes go away just by connecting it direct ( not via USB )

Thanks again

you sould be able to select the com port number that is your straight out serial connection port (9 pin, connecte to your weather station)
(e.g com port 1)
in the software you are using

Yes,

In both heavy weather and cumulus i can select the com port number.

But I dont know what to set it too because i can’t see the WS in device manager?
:frowning:

Thx