Moviemaker poducing videos at wrong speed

Hi
I update to 37r build 54 in middle of last week and since then the videos created are going very fast, according to the moviemaker log it creating them at 30 fps.
I have the setting in WD set at 6 fps, I changed this to 5 and saved but this made no difference .
I noticed this morning that the moviemaker version has changed to 6.2, I then put the previous version 5.9 on from my last backup and the speed is back to normal, so the frame setting in WD is not being seen by moviemaker 6.2.
I have also noted that the all day date stamped videos name has reverted back to alldaymovie2232013 with 6.2 was 20130319dayvideo with 5.9

has this been noted by anyone else or is it just me

Harold

I had the same problem with alldaymovie. Read the last few posts on this thread. It’s something to do with the old webcam settings. Download the latest version of moviemaker and all should be well.

My files do play a lot faster than they used to, but I don’t really mind that too much as I’m using ten second images and the videos do last a while.

I’ve just checked my files and I can confirm that my version is also creating videos in the format alldaymovieddmyyyy.mp4. The program hasn’t created videos for the last two days. I am using the latest version of moviemaker.exe.

As for the speed of the videos, my hourly video has decreased in time from over 20 seconds to 9. My yesterday file used to be around 7 minutes, it is now just over 3.

I also upgraded last week.
The video got jumpy and chunky.
When I looked at the size a days video, it was reduced from the normal 13 Mb to 1

I upgraded the component and dll files used
was alot of changed needed in the code
I will check on the frame rate

Hi

I’m having the same issue.

The movie parameters cannot be adjusted in the “new all day video setup” area, but any changes made in the registry settings are shown in the screen, but so far I can’t see any affect on the movies.

a “delay between frames” has appeared and so far doesn’t seem to have any affect

regards

Jan

blocky/chunky video here as well

Edit: Still looks blocky after todays new update,

60 min video from 10s photos at 640 * 360 is 11s long

60 min video from 10s photos at 640 * 480 is 17s long

I don

use a new full install update, with a new moviemaker versio, that will now use the selected frame rate

I did, see post above yours

I am helping out on a school camp today
I will look into why the set frame rate is not working with the updated component when I get home tonight
(lots of things were changed with the updating the component, I spent a long time getting the code converted (hoping there would be some good benefits))

your understanding and patience is appreciated

manged to find 5 minutes spare before I had to go
this new update should be OK
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/moviemaker.zip

no problems at all :slight_smile: just letting you know right away the previous fix didn

strange…it works here at the speed I have set OK
(.swf type)

edit : are you using last 10 minute option?
if so, then download again now
http://www.weather-display.com/downloadfiles/moviemaker.zip
vers 6.4

nope Lasthour 10s photos and Lastday 30s Flv

are you using vers 6.4?
(see the moviemakerlog.txt for the version info)
also what speed do you have set?

no moviemakerlog.txt in c:\wdisplay, but the status windows in the prog says: Movie Maker II vers 6.4 08:25:22

using the exe from the zip above

#2812.5: Output #0, flv, to ‘C:\wdisplay\alldayvideo\videolastday.flv’:
#2812.5: Metadata:
#2812.5: encoder : Lavf54.59.106
#2812.5: Stream #0:0: Video: flv1 ([2][0][0][0] / 0x0002), yuv420p, 640x480, q=2-31, 200 kb/s, 1k tbn, 30 tbc
#2812.5: Stream mapping:

and then

#2812.5: [frameinput @ 006FED40]reading frame (Canvas) return -1
#2812.3: 6517480: Error number -1 occurred
#2812.5: frame= 166 fps= 47 q=31.0 Lsize= 361kB time=00:00:05.533 bitrate= 535.2kbits/s
#2812.5: video:359kB audio:0kB subtitle:0 global headers:0kB muxing overhead 0,78%

settings in New Setup:

Installed your last version.
Have not made any changes to the settings.
And everything is back on track
All videos runs smoothly :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Hi Georg,
You seem to have a good set-up there which definitely runs better and clearer than mine.
I have tried a large number of set-up variations, but as much as I have tried, mine is not as clear as yours.
Would you mind sharing your set-up please?
My time lapse can be found at : www.cotswold-weather.co.uk/time-lapse.php and it’s definitely been better quality in the past.
I am using the very latest version of moviemaker (6.4) and version 10.2 of the webcam capturing software… all the latest, therefore it must be my set-up that is letting me down.
best regards
Steve

Hi
the speed seams a lot better with 6.4 but the quality is not as good as when using 5.9, I have my bite rate set at 450 and I am creating wmv files.

Harold

I see now that the bit rate has not been used with this new component update
I see via the documentation how to implement it
I will as k the author for the best way to do it