return error "401 Unauthorized"

I have a big problem for WDtwitter.exe
I had installed .NET Framework 4 + extensions but when press Start in a twitter setup in the WD a message appare here:

[size=66][size=8pt]See the end of this message for details on invoking
just-in-time (JIT) debugging instead of this dialog box.

************** Exception Text **************
TwitterAPIException: Exception of type ‘TwitterAPIException’ was thrown. —> System.Net.WebException: The remote server returned an error: (401) Unauthorized.
at System.Net.HttpWebRequest.GetResponse()
at TwitterVB2.TwitterOAuth.WebRequest(Method RequestMethod, String Url, String PostData)
— End of inner exception stack trace —
at TwitterVB2.TwitterOAuth.WebRequest(Method RequestMethod, String Url, String PostData)
at TwitterVB2.TwitterOAuth.OAuthWebRequest(Method RequestMethod, String url, String PostData)
at TwitterVB2.TwitterOAuth.GetAuthorizationLink()
at wdtwitter.Form1.Button1_Click_1(Object sender, EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnClick(EventArgs e)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.OnMouseUp(MouseEventArgs mevent)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WmMouseUp(Message& m, MouseButtons button, Int32 clicks)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.ButtonBase.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Button.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.OnMessage(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.Control.ControlNativeWindow.WndProc(Message& m)
at System.Windows.Forms.NativeWindow.Callback(IntPtr hWnd, Int32 msg, IntPtr wparam, IntPtr lparam)

************** Loaded Assemblies **************
mscorlib
Assembly Version: 4.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.296 (RTMGDR.030319-2900)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.NET/Framework/v4.0.30319/mscorlib.dll

wdtwitter
Assembly Version: 1.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 1.0.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/wdisplay/wdtwitter.exe

Microsoft.VisualBasic
Assembly Version: 10.0.0.0
Win32 Version: 10.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/Microsoft.VisualBasic/v4.0_10.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/Microsoft.VisualBasic.dll

System
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.dll

System.Core
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Core/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Core.dll

System.Windows.Forms
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1002 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Windows.Forms/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Windows.Forms.dll

System.Drawing
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1001 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Drawing/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Drawing.dll

System.Runtime.Remoting
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Runtime.Remoting/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Runtime.Remoting.dll

TwitterVB
Assembly Version: 2.3.0.0
Win32 Version: 2.3.0.0
CodeBase: file:///C:/wdisplay/TwitterVB.DLL

System.Web
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.272 built by: RTMGDR
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_32/System.Web/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Web.dll

System.Configuration
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 (RTMRel.030319-0100)
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Configuration/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b03f5f7f11d50a3a/System.Configuration.dll

System.Xml
Win32 Version: 4.0.30319.1 built by: RTMRel
CodeBase: file:///C:/Windows/Microsoft.Net/assembly/GAC_MSIL/System.Xml/v4.0_4.0.0.0__b77a5c561934e089/System.Xml.dll

************** JIT Debugging **************
To enable just-in-time (JIT) debugging, the .config file for this
application or computer (machine.config) must have the
jitDebugging value set in the system.windows.forms section.
The application must also be compiled with debugging
enabled.

For example:

When JIT debugging is enabled, any unhandled exception
will be sent to the JIT debugger registered on the computer
rather than be handled by this dialog box.[/size][/size]

P.S. I have tested WD on five computer but this message appare always. (Windows 7 and Windows* XP SP3)
P.P.SPlease see link of the Wed, 2013-02-20 06:40: https://dev.twitter.com/issues/879

Best Regards

try deleting the oauthtwitter.txt and oauthtwitter2.txt files where WD is installed
then you will need to sign up again (via the twitter setup in WD (i.e setup oauth for first time use)

I had deleted the file the oauthtwitter.txt and oauthtwitter2.txt and twitterdata.txt (twitterdata.txt is created automatically by defaul).
I deleted the authorization API WD in my twitter profile, but not work :roll:

Last night I tried it on a new pc windows 7, no program installed, only .NetFramework 4 + extension and WD, but it has the same error.
This is very bad.
Twitter may have changed the API?

I have tried a total of 6 pc (different configurations) and all have the same problem.
I tried with my mac but when I open WD crashes.
I tried everything but it does not work.

Please help me.

Regards

UPDATE:
I uninstalled WD, then I deleted the string in regedit to HKEY_CURRENT_USER / wdisplayftp.ini

I rinstallato Weather Display 10.37R Build 51 but does not work.
I also installed to test the old version of Weather Display 10.37Q Build 75 but does not work.

I think not working is something related to the twitter API

I tried with Windows xp sp3 virtual machine on Win7 but not working.
401 error.
I try to attach photos.

M.B. ala Chiccomb

note that you need to click on setup oauth for first time
in the twitter setup in WD
after deleting the oauthtwitter files

ATTENTION for DEVELOPERS’s WheatherDisplay

From Twitter Wed, 2013-02-20 07:37 link: https://dev.twitter.com/issues/879

[b][i][b]All calls to https://twitter.com/oauth/request_token have started to return error “401 Unauthorized”
According to documentation authentication is not required for calling this endpoint.

Updates
Long ago we deprecated twitter.com/oauth/* in favor of https://api.twitter.com/oauth/* – move to the correct paths and HTTPs and you’ll be fully functional again.[/b][/i][/b]

Is it possible change in a WD software this new update for validate the new twitters users?

Regards
ChiccoMB

do you mean there has been a recent change in how twitter works for the request token?

Brian,

Reading chiccomb’s post it appears that Twitter changed the location for the request token but still allowed calls to the old address, but on Feb 20, 2013 they stopped allowing calls to the old address…

At least that would be my interpretation…

-Bob

OK…
i have a new application working…using a new component (which I had to purchase) and a new compiler
and it does not need .NET 4.0 , etc
so thats good

I will get you to test this out , once ready…in the next little while…

But this news work with WD or si it a different software?

M.B. ala Chiccomb

Yes.
See here: https://dev.twitter.com/issues/879

M.B. ala Chiccomb

use a new .zip update of WD
ready to download now, from the download page
(now has a wdtwitternew.exe program, that is used instead of wdtwitter.exe, if there is no twitteroauth.txt file in place (i.e the old version auth codes)
(i.e delete the twitteroauth.txt file to be able to use this new wdtwitternew.exe program)
first time that new program is run (either via the test button or setup button), you will need to log in to your twitter account on the authorisation screen that shows up (one time only)

(note that a twitter.ini is now created and used to store the access tokens instead of twitteroauth.txt and twitteroauth2.txt)

tested and works here

Very very good!!!
Now it is ok!!!

Thank you for all.

M.B. ala Chiccomb

@meteo_bologna
www.meteo-bologna.it

M.B. aka Chiccomb

one good thing about this twitter program is I can make it where you can upload a image (e.g weather icon or web cam image)
and include a URL too

also I can now add a straight to facebook program too (i.e so dont need to link to facebook via twitter or via email)

Hi, so good!
The file twitter.ini is possible copy it in another pc and it’s work perfectly, no more authorization request.

Thanks and to next ask.

M.B. aka Chiccomb

copying the twitterouath.txt and twitteroauth2.txt from the original method to another PC setup worked too

I have added the post to Facebook instead of to twitter option now

I will add abilty to include a URL link and Image (either upload from your pc or url to image)