2.2.0 rose

Nice change, Mark. Think this presentation makes a lot more sense than the radar view.

Thanks!

Thanks John, I had to tweak the RGraph Rose library a little to make it work as I wanted though.

Consider it well-tweaked… :smiley:

I also like the new Windrose, Mark. Yet even with Ken’s modified files I can’t get proper validation, so my old SteelSeries Gauges remain in my flyout menu. The first error is due to non-UTF8-standard characters in my ‘Top’ code which when eliminated then allowed 20 or so more errors to show up, starting with AjaxGizmo. I may work on this some, just use all of my gauges-specific supporting scripts like in my 1.6.5 code which don’t support style-switching, or I may just remove the validation links for this page.

Jerry

the ‘bad’ characters are contained in this bit of code, not sure if that helps? 0x86 is a dagger character in Windows/ISO code page 1252

[color=red][b]��[/b][/color] Top

Surely so, Mark, as I mentioned in my post. I reverted to my normal files and posted the link so others could see that 2-2-0 is working. Eliminate the bad characters and the AjaxGizmo becomes the next problem. Eliminate that and a host of others appear. Like I said, I may try to sort it all out sometime, but meanwhile my menu system points to my 1-6-5 version that I made UTF-8 compliant before Ken posted his template code revisions. Right now I’m a big fan of ‘XHTML 1.0 Transitional’ and not of ‘HTML5’. Even the w3c validator recognizes that its HTML5 validation is experimental. After achieving conformance, at least it draws a gold warning rather than a red one, but it’s still a warning. I guess I’m just a 70 y/o curmudgeon when you get down to it. :slight_smile:

Well, at least as of December 17th last year the HTML 5 ‘standard’ moved to a ‘definition complete’ status and is now in interoperability testing. So the syntax and functionality specification is now complete, and the world moves on to HTML 5.1 #-o

Ahh - glad to hear I’m not the only one fitting that description here… :roll:

Very strange about your troubles. Had no problems here with the V3/HTML5 upgrades or 2.2.0. However, did mess it up on the first try which was entirely my bad. Started again, this time leaving out mods I had made. That one came up clean. Then went back slowly adding mods. This ol’ fuddy-duddy needs new reading glasses!