Thresholds

I know how to set up threshold values to make the led blink (thanks Mark). It is supposed to work in the way “if value is greater than threshold, then blink”. This is great to signal fog probability (humidity threshold), or any kind of alarm (ie: windspeed threshold). But would it be possible to make it work “if lower”? Useful to signal frost warnings, etc.

Or one step beyond… even make the led blink if abrupt rises or falls in the value are detected. Rapid windspeed increase would alert about an incoming front. Or a steep fall in pressure indicating a developing cyclogenesis…

I guess reversing the threshold logic is something I could think about adding to the gauges - I am finishing a largish (internal anyway) update to the library now - maybe this will get squeezed in.

And I think that your second suggestion is Madness (One step beyond reference :wink: ). There is also a “user” LED on the gauge which you can set however you want, just define in the script what condition switches it on/off. An exercise for the user…

I love Ska :wink:

With “user” LED you mean the one to the left of the status display?

Oops, sorry, the user LED never got implemented :frowning:

On the Java Swing version of SteelSeries Gerrit added an additional ‘user’ LED of the opposite side of the gauge to the threshold LED. This isn’t driven by anything other than external commands. That LED never got added to the Canvas version of the gauges. Maybe another for the to-do list…

So thanks again for your help. Time to wait for new toys :slight_smile: