La Crosse WS 2355 Direction, but no Wind Speed

Afternoon

Recently only the wind direction has been available on my 2355 WS. For no known reason the wind speed is no longer sent by the sensor or not received/understood by the base unit. I’ve cleaned the contacts, run the connecting cable between the sensor and the receiver different ways to see if it was interfered with, but no improvement, still only direction and no speed. Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

I have a ws2300, dont know if the anemometer is the same as mine but it could be the anemometer needs replacing, I live close to the beach and the salt takes its toll, they last about 2 years or less. Speed goes but direction may still work. Was the speed playing up before with instances of no wind speed ?

Smokie, No prior or lead up indication it was going to fail, it just gave up one afternoon and hasn’t reported since. I’m considering taking it apart and having a look, but since direction is working I might end up with nothing. I live well inland so rust and the like isn’t likely, but it is very dusty due to cropping in the area, which may equal rust in a way. Thanks