Inappropriate PMs

Some of you may have received a PM from a user that you don’t know saying how awful this forum is and how brilliant another weather forum is, so you should leave here and help the other guys make their forum even better.

1. If you receive such a PM, please let me know ASAP.

2. By all means look at any forum at any time, it’s a free world, but ask yourself why someone is touting for business in the way that they are. Is the forum they’re point you at really that good (one that got pushed in the past had a handful of posts from one person)…does it have any members (one that was pushed had a couple of members who looked to be the same person talking to themselves to make it look busier!)…why are they slagging off this forum (perhaps they got banned from here for doing something objectionable?)…why are they pointing you at the other forum (as often as not it’s their forum and they’re pretending to be unconnected with it)…is the other forum really what it says it is, or perhaps it’s a front for something else (we’ve seen attempts to drag people into non-weather conspiracy theory forums in the past too).

3. If there are things you don’t like here, let me know. Please don’t just complain though…suggestions of how to make things better…so don’t say “I hate the colour scheme”, say “I don’t like the colour scheme and it would be great if you switched to fluorescent orange”. I (and other users) might not agree, but at least it can be discussed.

Thanks for being in this forum. I hope you stay because it does what you want it to, not because I tell you to!!

Chris