Graphic Requests

Hi Dick,

I got your email but I’ve not had time to do the banner until today.
See attached.

Martin.

One for Chris (requested via PM). :wink:

You do such nice work, Budgie! :thumbleft:

-Keith

Hello Budgie…

Looks nice and I have put it on top of hiswebsite here:

www.hayskansasweather.com

will let you know what the owner thinks and if he wants anything changed or not.

Thank you…Chris

Hi Chris,

Latest version is attached.
I liked the photo but it wouldn’t fit so I cropped the top, bottom & middle, then stitched it back together. It’s larger than the normal banners but I think it works in this case without giving that squashed/stretched look. It’s now 800 x 152 pixels.
I added the Kansas flag to see what he thinks, I can remove it if required though.

Let me know. :wink:

hello budgie…Looks Good and better than the 1st one above.

I talked with Owner and had just a few requests.

can you remove the blue kansas flag and put in its place either a Map of kansas that blends in to the banner with red dot location of Hays, OR…a image of the davis vantage vue out door ISS unit (Not the console)… on a Pole like it is stuck into grass of field?

there is an image of the vantage vue iss unit on his about us page, but I am sure you know what it looks like already. you dont necessarily have to use that specific image, if you can fiind a better suited one that will resize easier for you to place in banner

other request was to make the text all on one line centered vetically “Hays Kansas Weather”…if it wont fit, then just “Hays Kansas”.

and remove the rope like border around entire banner inner edges

Thank you…Chris

When you say a map of Kansas, do you mean one with roads, towns, cities etc or just an outline of the Kansas state borders with a red dot?
If it’s just the outline then what color does he want the map?

With the text, I can make it fit on one line but the font size will be smaller so I need to know if he want’s “Hays Kansas Weather” on one line with a smaller font or “Hays Kansas” in the same or larger font size.

Does he want any type of border around the banner or just leave it blank?

hello budgie…

a map withraods cities towns please and red dot marking his location…or if it is easier, just add the Davis vantage vue ISS unit on Pole sticking out of grass.

he wanted “Hays Kansas Weather”.for the text…

the border part just leave as is for now…not a big deal.

thanks…chris

I think I got everything you wanted.
I made two new banners, with the map and with the Vue so you have the choice.

Personally I don’t like the one with the map as it takes up too much room, you can’t see any detail and I had to make it transparent as it covered so much of the background. The result is that visitors may well be asking themselves what it is. :wink:

The one with Vue in it meant having to move the windmill and the text so that the text now covers the lightning bolt. I tried it with the Vue on the left but got the same result.

I think I’m running into about 7 hours work on this banner so far, I hope he likes one of these. :wink:

Hi,

I was wondering whether someone would be able to help with creating some weather graphics. What I would like is a new banner for my website and some round logo’s for use on Facebook and twitter. I have not got any images of Gosport but wondered if anyone could work around this problem. I am not very good at creating logos so any help would be appreciated.

What size (pixels) do you want it?
Any particular colours?
What text do you want?
Do you want a border or just a plain banner?
Anything specific you want included?

hello Budgie…

both look much better and I like the bottom one the best of the 2. I put the bottom one on his site a few moments ago.

I see what you mean about trying to add location map into a banner, its not easy to do and have it look good.

the site is here if anyone else wishes to view how the banner looks… http://www.hayskansasweather.com

Thank you for your Great work once again budgie and I think a Donation to you from him is in order for your time well spent on this one.

…Chris

Thanks Chris but just a link to my site will be fine. :wink:
I’ve had enough free scripts from the forum over the years and this is my way of paying that back.

One for Gosport Weather. :wink:

Thank you Budgie that is perfect. I will get it uploaded as soon as my server gets over it’s funny five minutes.

Is it possible to get something similar for Facebook and Twitter?

The dimensions are:

Facebook Logo- Must be at least 180 px wide no limit on height.

Twitter Logo- 73 px x 73 px

These dimensions are set by the websites.

Thank you.

I’ll see what I can do.
There’s also another thread on here for the round logos if you want to try that. Kevin (TNETWeather) makes those. :wink:

Here you go, a 180 x180 for Facebook and a 73 x 73 for Twitter. :wink:

gosport_small.jpg

gosport_twitter.jpg

I need a new banner image for my weather topsite or if you could change the text on the current one to be “Weather Station Topsite” or something similar.

The reason is that there some people that don’t understand that the topsite is just for PWS (spammers).

That was an easy fix.
I even reduced it for you as well. :wink:

wx-topsites-small.jpg

Thank’s Budgie

Very nice.