thinking about changing software

I do have Microsoft Expression but have only loaded in the computer and not really fiddled around with it. I do use Frontpage because it is easy and pretty straight forward, but limited.

What I am going to need to do is to develop over time a better site, streamline it. I want to get rid of Interwarn, not because it isn’t a good program,but I can reference to other things . The other is it is in my workshop and I would either love to move it elsewhere or just put that machine into storage.

I see that there are many that use the //saratoga-weather.org scripts, but unsure if I just put the code into expression and do my changes, upload it and go from there. I want to use Wdisplay as my sole program running, I have it now , but also I want to be able to link to pages of data that I have accumulated.

I use Hostmonster as my website provider . This is something I want to do over time I am looking for projects when I retire to keep from going completely nuts. only 158 days left…

Hi Aardvark,

Maybe you can consider using Wordpress as CMS. Just check out my website: http://westlandsweer.nl

You can use WD-data and many PHP-scripts to use and display the data on a Wordpress page.

Regards,

Egon

I wonder if I can snag a copy over at the Academic Superstore, I still have an account there. Thanks

If you are referring to WordPress it is free.

I really like the saratoga template…just follow the directions and you should have no problem getting it setup. Ken has done a wonderful job with his package. If I didn’t move around so much, necessitating edits of config files, it would be a cinch to setup. But I always screw something up when making changes for a new location. I was suppose to create a checklist for myself so I wouldn’t have to try to remember everything but I haven’t done it yet. I’m always in a big hurry to get my site updated once we get the RV setup. Make a complete backup of your current site, then dive in and get the new site running.

Egon, i use wordpress, how did you get the steel gauges working in it? I’m just about to try and update my site so im after ideas
cheers
woody

Hi all,

First a happy new year to you all.

And Woody as mentioned in your other post I’m using the Iframe-plugin. If you want I can help you.