NOAA Metar file cycles missing

Since Friday morning no automatic forecast has been produced. When trying to manually update the forecast i get the error “noaa metar file cycles missing” in wxsimate.

Any ideas.

I think the NOAA FTP site is OK, as I haven’t had any other reports of problems. This is an FTP site, and WXSIMATE uses a little batch file it creates for that. It’s conceivable something has changed on your system regarding internet access (?). Have you updated, deleted, added, or changed browsers lately?

You do have a few other METAR options. If the FTP option doesn’t start working again, you can switch to a different site (and all these others are web access instead of FTP), just scroll up or down using the little up/down arrows on the right side of the METAR list box in WXSIMATE, and then click in the box to activate the other site.

Hope that helps,

Tom

Hi Tom

A reset of the router solved that issue. However i now have another one. When i try and import the data into wxsim, i get a message stating that i am not importing any model data. I do not get any errors in wxsimate.

I had changed nothing - it all stopped working on Friday.