HELP Appreciated

Hello Everybody …

I am now running WXSIM with thanks to Tom for getting me up and running.
I would very much like to start putting the fcast onto a website.
I have been reading all about the various scripts (my hoster informs me that php will be ok). However, I am unsure as to where to put the 3in1 script modules and also how WXSIM gets its data onto the website.
I guess I am not the first nor will be last to ask for help but any would be VERY much appreciated.

B.Rgds
Terry

The WXSim forecast upload is fairly simple. If you’re running Weather Display software then you can just use the built-in FTP function.
In WD, go to Control Panel > FTP & Connections > General FTP Functions. Then press the “Choose the file” button and navigate to where WXSim files are and you’re looking for one called “plaintext.txt”.
Click on “Select this file” and you should see the file address appear in the Local filename window to the right and the “plaintext.txt” in the “Remote Filename” window.
Now select the upload times which need to be just after your forecast run. Make sure the switch under “save changes now” button is ON and then click the button above to save your settings.
You can test the uploads by clicking on the “Test” button.

As for displaying the forecasts, you can just add the plaintext.txt file to a web page, or use the plaintext script from Saratoga Weather, instructions on the linked page. :wink:

Thanks your reply …
To feed WXSIM I am using VWS, which in turn gets the source data from Weatherlink.
I have looked at various websites including yours, which has the forecast page and great looking icons etc.
Are you saying I need (in my case) to get the internet version of VWS in order to carry out the ftp part?
How about the php scripts where do they come into the equation?
Thanks again
Terry 8O

The PHP scripts are run on the website server, so if you’re website is hosted remotely you don’t need the PHP scripts on you home PC.
If VWS doesn’t have the ability to upload using FTP then try something like FileZilla, you just need to find a way of setting the upload times on there.

I’ve not used VWS and I’ve not use FileZilla for this type of upload either so I’m not much help on that side.

As for the website side, my advise would be to get the scripts from Saratoga Weather running first as you’ll need some of these for the 3-in-1 anyway. :wink:

Thanks your reply …
That is my main problem in getting the scripts to work - php scripts do work as I have tested it with a search script but this is automated from my website builder software.
Oh well I shall just have to keep experimenting - thanks anyway
Terry