CQ CQ CQ - Who's out there?

I had a G8 and a G4 but it was a long time ago. G8’s were quite new, based on the letters there would have been about a thousand when I got mine.

Do you still use the radio ?.

No, but I do have a license just in case the bug ever bites again :slight_smile:

Never let the license lapse.

de w4uck

Not sure if you can use a UK licence in the US, if you have a UK licence it has to be updated every 5 years. I take it that you used to live over here in the UK then?.

teal.

I have a regular US license, renewable each 10 years.

Hi, hopping to take my full licence in October this year, they have now just started to make it harder to pass, so I have been told, so if I get it now I will be happy. For he sake of about

Go for it :thumbright:

Nothing to lose.

teal.

Hello from Central Pennsylvania. N3EBZ here. I

Hey ;

KM4VIG - General class

WeatherFlow PWS.

Exclusively - Digital DMR & D-Star only.

Hi there not sure if you have just passed or not but congratulations if you have, I see that this your fist post, welcome to the forum.

teal.

Pat
KA4VNM
Class: Extra
Dual stations: Acurite and Peet Wired
Connected: TWC/ Weather underground Acurite backyard net
Radios: Flex 6300 and FT 991A Wires X

Eric

KD7LTN - Amateur Extra / ARRL-VE

WX Station: Lacrosse WS-2315CH(Refurbished, just acquired)

Connections: uploading direct to APRS(KD7LTN-13), PWS, WUnderground

Radios/Equipment in ‘Shack/Mobile’: RadioShack HTX-252, Kenwood TS-130S, HamShackHotline (ext4240/ext14132)[http://www.hamshackhotline.com], Maxlog-MUV(HT), Baofeng UV-5RE+, Peanut/Zello/TeamSpeak apps (Ham Radio Hub/International Radio Network/TheGuild, DigiCommCafe), use APRSIS32(Desktop:KD7LTN) and U2APRS(mobile:KD7LTN-2) [non-RF linked APRS, Internet only at this time], Leixen VV-898 (mobile).
Then there is other ‘equipment’ not currently in active use.

Welcome Eric :smiley:

How’s that Baofeng work for you? I don’t know how they can make and sell them for the price :?

I have a Baofeng and its very difficult (but not impossible) to program from the keyboard. It’s easy with the CHIRP program and the computer cable. It operates just fine. If you buy one, get the computer cable too.

73 de w4uck

Jim

Thanks for the info. It just blows my mind that you can get a complete dual band HT for about $30 8O

Really! I paid $19.99 with free shipping on ebay. Quite unbelievable. Shipped from New Jersey.

Thanks Niko,
The Baofeng has been working pretty good for me for a few years now … Have the Extended Battery (modified to fit version), it just spent quite a few months off charger in my vehicle(more than 4months) and with the weather below freezing at times, pulled it out a couple days ago, powered on, still fully charged. Also, I wouldn’t mess with these Chinese HT’s without a speaker mic. Now if my WX Station could behave so well :lol:

I paid about