CQ CQ CQ - Who's out there?

Username gives it away… Phil G7BZD, ex-south Birmingham, UK, Shirley. Now 11+ years located on the Isle of Wight.
Not far from The Needles, which when its blowing seem to get some good wind speeds recorded.
Have a slightly defunct WM-918 slowly failing, but now being replaced by a WMR-300, with 2 sets of sensors.

Not so active this year, re-discovered soldering kits and going walking with my cameras.
Hope to get the shack warmed up soon. FT1000mp mk5 and a couple of other bits of kit.

Phil - G7BZD

Just registered on the site. Have always had an interest in weather, as well as ham radio. Licensed since 1972. Awaiting a WS-2902 Ambient weather station, and hopefully will figure out how to get the date to APRS. Still learning in that regard.

I used to use CB back in the 1970s and 80s, then pretty much dropped the hobby and just about a month ago got my “Technician” license. I’m mostly on the 2m and 70cm bands (if I listen, it is on repeater WC8VOA which also has an Echolink hookup). Maybe I’ll add HF after getting my “General” license so I can use SSB on more bands.

N8AAA - Tom

Greetings to all. Ambient 2902A 7 miles south of Blue Ridge, Georgia.

73 de W4UCK
Jim

I passed my intermediate licence in July 2018 so my call sign is now 2E0PKH, hopping to get a full licence by the end of the year.

teal.

Congratulations :smiley:

“2E0” 8O Whatever happened to traditional “G” calls?

They run out, full licence holders now have M

I had a G8 and a G4 but it was a long time ago. G8’s were quite new, based on the letters there would have been about a thousand when I got mine.

Do you still use the radio ?.

No, but I do have a license just in case the bug ever bites again :slight_smile:

Never let the license lapse.

de w4uck

Not sure if you can use a UK licence in the US, if you have a UK licence it has to be updated every 5 years. I take it that you used to live over here in the UK then?.

teal.

I have a regular US license, renewable each 10 years.

Hi, hopping to take my full licence in October this year, they have now just started to make it harder to pass, so I have been told, so if I get it now I will be happy. For he sake of about

Go for it :thumbright:

Nothing to lose.

teal.

Hello from Central Pennsylvania. N3EBZ here. I

Hey ;

KM4VIG - General class

WeatherFlow PWS.

Exclusively - Digital DMR & D-Star only.

Hi there not sure if you have just passed or not but congratulations if you have, I see that this your fist post, welcome to the forum.

teal.

Pat
KA4VNM
Class: Extra
Dual stations: Acurite and Peet Wired
Connected: TWC/ Weather underground Acurite backyard net
Radios: Flex 6300 and FT 991A Wires X