CQ CQ CQ - Who's out there?

thanks guys :slight_smile:

G4JFK here, although I’m not very active these days, if at all. Used to work most bands but really enjoyed VHF DX.

Could be tempted back into action,

Simon

Hi

G1YFU Essex UK.
Not active for some time. Mostly computers and the web these days.
Though may go back on VHF if anyone still there.

aloha all…WH6EAO here. ham for a yr now, currently working on my general license and hope to have it by the end of Sept. programs involved with is Healthcomm, Skywarn and the VOIP Skywarn/Hurricane Net and other agencies where emcomm is needed. other modes used; Echolink, IRLP, Fldigi (MT63), VHF/UHF, HF (10m/monitoring) and APRS.

maybe i’ll catch some of you on the air in the future.

73 & wishing all good weather.

mahalo,
Odell for theSummit - WH6EAO

Hi
I am MM0KTC, QTH is approx. 10km south of Edinburgh, Scotland.

Hi,
Jim and Barb here, N0FTC and N0FVH. Licensed for along time in Colorado, California, and now New Mexico. Unfortunately HOA rules and regs haven’t allowed much but mobile 2 meters for sometime. My first weather station in Como, CO was on packet for a long time until Brian and WD came along around 1990. The Como station still going (Southparkwx.com) and operates unattended for 8 months at a time. Albuquerquewx.com has been operating for five years now and operates the other 4 months unattended! (wish I hadn’t said that cause they’ll probably go down now #-o)
73, Jim

I have the same problem with an HOA at my condo. I was able to put a 10m dipole in the attic and I use an MFJ-1788 MagLoop for 15m thru 40m. The loop doesn’t require any ground or counterpoise and, while height is always a plus for any antenna, I get by with mine at just 10’ when at the condo and 18’ when in the RV.

Yea, knock on wood :wink: Plus Brian is away this week…

Randy, N5JRL from El Paso, Texas. You can find me on http://aprs.fi as DW7210.

Checking in from Silver City, NM…Billy the Kid grew up here. His mom’s still here. 8O

Hi Chris

I’m OZ2AEZ , from the Island of Zealand, Denmark, close to the City Roskilde, I’m inactive (since 92 :wink:)

Cheers
Tommy

John Taylor - KE5HAM
Weather Display and Weather Display Live
Davis VP2 system
http://www.jacksoncountywx.com

Hi there,

My name is Bob and my call sign is M0BOB. I live in Romford, Essex and my locator is JO01CO. I have a Davis Vantage Vue weather station.

Weather is all new to me, but hopefully I will learn more as time goes by.

Bob.
M0BOB.

Hams, SKYWARN, and weather are a natural connection.
Had my license since 1973 and WD data running since 1998.
73 de WC4R www.wc4r.com
Weather site: www.qsl.net/wc4r/wx

Welcome!

Does http://www.wc4r.com/ require a login or something?

From Goose Bay, Labrador- VO2 KDS. Will be hanging a G5RV in just a week or so and should have my Kenwood 430S up and running.

Greetings from Arizona’s Sonoran desert. I live in a rural area 20 miles southwest of Maricopa, AZ. I operate and I-Gate/Digi, W6SDM-2. I have an Argent ADS-WS1 on order and will be setting up a weather station in the next couple of weeks. I will be sending the data out on APRS.

Steve
W6SDM

Hello to all from northern Nevada - Minden to be specific, in the heart of the Carson Valley. Semi-active on local VHF/UHF repeaters and HF - 10/20/40/75M.

Have used VWS for 10 years now but am currently in the process of preparing to switch to WD. Just tired of all the intermittent problems I’m having with VWS plus the limitations of that software. Have had WD & WDL for many years but never implemented it. Now is the time! Will probably have lots of questions as I go through the install and setup process.

Welcome!

Greetings from the middle part of the North American continent, Paducah, KY to be exact. K5UMR here. I put up an Acurite 5-in-1 wx stn a few weeks ago. I try to stay involved with things but I’m easily distracted so I end up disappearing for periods of time when I’m chasing other interests.

Orville
K5UMR

Greetings from Carson City, Nevada.
Tony , KB7NV
Running an old Davis Wizard III with Weather Display 10.37.