CQ CQ CQ - Who's out there?

Mostly newer coins as my wife (KB0LNA) and I coinshoot primarily. We both have found our share of gold and silver rings and we have made trips to Virginia looking for Civil War relics. I have found a good number of bullets and buttons on those trips but nothing of more significance.

We both would love to detect the U.K. some day. We may as there are folks that sell trips just for detecting.

K5SOI here, got my license back in 1958 when code was sent on a tape machine and the test was hand written, no multi choice and in front of a fcc examiner. Still active on 440 and hf.

Hello,

Call here is K4BS and I have been a Ham since 1992. I chase DX and some casual contests. Lately, I have been working DSTAR and HF portable.

Kevin

G6IMT here! Licenced back in 1982 (as a “B”) but put the hobby to one side once I met my wife to be, got married had kids etc. Got back into the hobby 26 years later after being made redundant and suddenly having some spare time on my hands! Now a semi-retired IT Consultant (which sounds grander than it is!) and playing with radio, weather, photography & my telecaster guitar (badly!). The wife says I have too many expensive hobbies and she’s probably right :). Do I buy some Davis kit, a new SLR or a new HF rig…easy decision as I can’t afford any of them at the moment :lol:

Howdy,
I have been licensed since 1959 as a teenager as K3PRF, then W6MQZ, and now K6IH. I mostly operate QRP HF with an Elecraft KX3 or a Yaesu FT-817ND from San Antonio, Tx most of the year, and in San Diego, Ca in the summer. I have a couple of Davis Vantage View wx stations.

–Bill - K6IH -

ZL3GP here. I am at the moment inactive because our house got badly damaged in the earthquakes here in Christchurch. Hopefully we will have a house in the next six months or so.
When active I normally use the digital modes.
Cheers
Philip - ZL3GP
Christchurch

Would be nice to work you on JT65 or the new JT9. I’ve been trying to get New Zealand for a couple months now…

N8MNI here in London, Ohio

http://n8mni.com

Hi All, Don’t check in here that often as the software just seems to run and run!
Not very active just at the present, more likely to find me mobile in the Campervan (come the better weather :wink: ) or watching for High Altitude Balloons (HAB on http://spacenear.us/tracker/ )
Main weather displays is at http://weather.g8dhe.net/wdl/

Geoff - Worthing, West Sussex, England.

Hello all,
It’s been a few years since I checked in here, thought I’d say Hi. N9UKEs been the call for twenty years now and have enjoyed every minute. Just resetting up my weather station so I can help my fellow Sky Warn, CERT and ARES/RACES members have and bit more real time info to work with.

73 Kris

JT65 is my favorite mode, it’s about all I ever work anymore except for JT9. I think I work 90% JT65 and 10% JT9.

I wish the JT9 software would be a little more user friendly like JT65. Hopefully as JT9 matures, the software will get better.

Same here. The RV is too small for doing radio voice comms so I stick with digital stuff. I have been working with the the new FreeDV digital voice program. Like JT9 it’s fairly new and the software is still maturing. The latest JT9 has some great new features and the same with FreeDV. Do you use eQSL/AG? I’m trying to qualify for some certificates :wink:

Yes, I do eQSL/AG as well as LOTW. I can do 10 meters thru 80 meters and I see a lot of California stations on most days, so we can probably make a few QSO’s on different bands

W0PSK, currently active 10 through 160 meters off a vertical antenna mounted on a chain link fence post 4 foot off the ground. Working primarily digital PSK and JT65. And I occasionally work phone just to make sure the microphone still works.
73, Don

long time no hear meadowlark :wink:

Hi Don, I’ll be looking for you on JT65 now that I’m in Kansas :smiley:

Well Brian, after spending 7 years (since 2005) keeping the Oregon Scientific running, it finally gave up the ghost with a wind reading only - snagged me a Vantage Vue at a discounted price and now I have more time to read other items in the forum instead of searching for OS fixes :lol: And then I decided to move WD, data etc., to another computer and got that accomplished without having a copy of the original serial number, thanks to a good Wiki on how to transfer everything over.

Week long and pretty much error free, except this afternoon I keyed up a 2 meter xmitter and some RF must have gotten into something and about an hour later the station showed a 53mph gale wind - something wrong there as that just didn’t happen.

Very good Dan, hopefully my signal on the vertical won’t top over you - I can get into Ottawa (K0ASK) - he runs JT65 in the QRP mode. I’ve been running on 160 last couple of nights trying to help out a fella in New Jersey get his WAS. Anyway, we’ll catch up with you.

Kevin ZL3JS here, mainly on HF with a little digi modes thrown in. Don’t get to much time these days but normally manage to turn the gear on most Sundays… Having said that you watch something come along and upset that.
Kevin

W9WD

Mostly a listener and a fiddler of equipment

Back in the CB days of the 70s I was KAAA 8324 The Flyin Saucer