cloudy cloudy

Author Topic: Wireless logging interface for Davis Vantage systems  (Read 1803 times)

Offline belfryboy

• OS/Browser:
  • Win Vista/Srvr 2008
  • MS IE 8.0
Wireless logging interface for Davis Vantage systems
« on: June 11, 2012, 11:06:04 AM »
Following some interest I have created a wireless interface for the Vantage system (vp1, vp2, Vue and envoy). It works in the same way as the clone logger detailed in this thread and has been tested with Weatherlink and Weather Display. It also supports direct from PC firmware updating.

The reason for creating this means that you can easily connect to your console without being tethered by wires, a great advantage for those with a laptop. it also means that you can locate your console in one area of the house that is most convenient for accessing the ISS and view data from another location, giving you a bit more flexibility.

So far I have had it working through several brick walls at a range of about 30m. It is powered from the console, and uses a USB (using the FTDI chipset) interface at the computer end.

Cost will be 125 which includes worldwide shipping, although you will be responsible for any import duties.

To buy one click this link Wireless logger interface

I shall upload some photos as soon as I get a chance.

Offline belfryboy

• OS/Browser:
  • Win
  • MS IE 9.0
Re: Wireless logging interface for Davis Vantage systems
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2012, 08:47:16 PM »
And here is a photo of the first one.

Untitled by belfryboy, on Flickr

Offline Weather Display

• Davis VP2
  • New Zealand
  • OS/Browser:
  • Win 7/Srvr 2008R2
  • Firefox 12.0
    • Weather Display
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2012, 06:24:39 AM »
I like it, adds alot more flexibility :)

Offline belfryboy

• OS/Browser:
  • Win Vista/Srvr 2008
  • MS IE 8.0
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2012, 10:06:11 AM »
And range can be extended by adding repeaters in between. I will be experimenting with this in the coming weeks.