How can you see anything?

It seems the vast majority of people using computers these days use 1024x768 screen resolution.

I’ve always been a big fan of 800x600 to reduce eye strain.

My question is… if you’re using that resolution or greater, why aren’t you getting headaches?

I guess it all depends on monitor size -
I’m using a 19" LCD @ 1280x1024 and everything looks great - if I ran 800x600 everything would be HUGE

What size monitor are you running?

I guess it all depends on monitor size - I'm using a 19" LCD @ 1280x1024 and everything looks great - if I ran 800x600 everything would be [b]HUGE[/b]

What size monitor are you running?

17" monitor… maybe I just need a new monitor? (Note for Christmas)

I use 1024X1280 on my 15" laptop. I guess it depends on the quality of the monitor and of couse your age. :wink:

Something to consider if you are buying an LCD is that the display may not look too good if it’s run at lower than its max resolution, particularly if it’s an aftermarket purchase. My Sony notebook does lower resolutions very well, but my Dell desktop at work really sucks unless it’s set to the max.

i use 1024 x 768… anything “smaller” makes everything to big

of course I have young eyes :roll: :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s my favorite too, but I’m an old fart :wink:

Everyone knows how monitors cause bad eyesight within about 10 minutes of using them!

I’ve been using monitors for well over 20 years for significant parts of the day. The optician says I still have 20/20 vision and the only problem I’m going to experience soon is the normal thickening of the eye muscles as I reach my mid-40’s.