Lost setup config after update

For whatever reason I get a crash every now and then, no big deal. I usually check the version numbers of what WD I have the newest release, and if it has been a while I go for the update. The last few times after the update I found that I have to go through the set up wizard to get things back up and running. Things like the Com Port, Weather Station Model, Lon/Lat, and others in that Wizard all have to be reset again before everything seems to be normal again. Like after the update the data that was always stored some place and repopulated itself is not there anymore, and I have to start fresh again. Anyway I never had to do this step before. I know this time I clicked the save changes drop down under exit (?) and then restarted and all is good. I do not know if after the next crash it will repopulate itself.

Also, I noticed this time, after the crash, that it seemed like WD was trying to restart itself but got hung up – Along with the Regular WD screen, there was also a screen that was asking what language I wanted to use upon setup. English was ticked but I guess it couldn’t continue because it needed someone to click ok.

Thanks for any help or suggestion,

yamiacaveman

You are installing the update in the exact same location as the previous install?

If it happens again and you are installing the update to the same location you can try locating the wdisplay.ini backup and replacing the one in the main WD directory and restarting again…

-Bob

Bob,

Thanks for the Reply - and a good option. I think I will save a copy of the ini file right now, hopefully i will remember for the next time it happens.

yamiacaveman

The newest WD versions should automatically save a copy in your backups directory if I recall correctly…

-Bob

Yep, backups are turned ON by default now.

Have a look in the WD program folder for a folder called “databackup”. If yo have this folder then look for this months folder, I think it’s something like dbackup42012, and there will be a WDISPLAY.INI file in there. :wink: