loosing data from 00:30 most nights

Hi,

Any ideas why weather display and weatherlink loose data connection (with wd flat lining) at 00:30 most evenings?

I am assuming vvp.

Any ideas?

Many thanks!
Stuart

my guess is that weatherlink issuing a command around then that vvp does not handle
i.e try a test of not running weatherlink

ok, i will run now weatherlink for a week or so (other than to gather data).
Thanks for the idea to try, never thought it woul dbe the weather software, rather an issue with vvp or drivers/system conflict.

How do you have WL and WD configured to read data from VVP? Are you using virtual serial ports or network (TCP/IP) ports?

Does WL close its Weather Bulletin window?

Does VVP have anything in its log (View → Activity Log).

When you restart VVP, does it spend a few moments fetching the archive log (extra window shows progress), or does it start up right away?

This sounds like you are having similar issue to the one I posted in the thread just below/before yours. For some reason, WL Bulletin closes and WL stops reading data. VVP then doesn’t appear to handle this well and eventually gets “stuck” itself, no longer reading data from the VP console and instead sending the same stale data to WD.

Previously (3.5 years) I was using virtual serial ports instead of TCP/IP and when the WL Bulletin closed VVP was unaffected and in turn WD was unaffected. WL 5.9.3 seems much better but I have always had flakiness with WL, though a simple restart of WL got it back where it should be with no other impact. Now that I have switched to network instead of serial, WL has become more unstable and VVP is now affected adversely :frowning:

I will keep an eye on my current setup then and let you know what happens.

AS for now, 2 nights have passed with weather display on an IP port and weather link on a com port (although teh first night weatherlink was not running and the second night i only run weatherlink in download only and not run the bulletin) and all has been well.

Think you may have the answer, weatherlink and IP addresses don’t mix well.