Silly question but...

OK, I’ll fess up to not being “the sharpest knife in the drawer” sometimes, but here goes:-)

I really like the look of the Steel Gauges, and would prefer them over the “native” Gauges in WD, but I’m not seeing any answers to a basic question, and that is, are the Steel Gauges meant for use with an online Web Page, or can they be used as a custom display page in standalone use with WD. I don’t use a personal web page (although I do of course forward data to CWOP, etc.).

If the Steel Gauges can be used as an adjunct to WD, I guess what I need is a “Using Steel gauges with WD for Dummies”. Where do the files go within the WD Folder and how are they invoked???

These gauges are for web sites, there is no way to be able to use them with WD natively.

Stuart

Well… The trouble is loading up a copy of the CCR file from your local file system. Browsers are “sand boxed” to prevent this type of access - the protect you from web pages accessing your files. However you can over ride this in various browsers - for instance Chrome will allow it if you start the browser with a specific command line switch. This isn’t recommended though, what if you forget and use that browser session to surf the net :frowning:

The best way would be to install a web service of some sort on your WD 'puter and server the page up locally from that. This may seem a bit of effort to go to though to view the gauges page.

Thanks for the reply Mark. I had a bit of sneaking suspicion that it was for external Web Pages, but I was hopeful none the less…

you can now though view your WDL gauges within WD itself