SteelSeries 1.6.5 installation problems (+ apologies to certain other members.)

Firstly, I’d like to apologise to a couple of members on the 1.6.x Discussion thread for seemingly endangering their enjoyment of the thread by posing too many questions there… :wink:

Anyhow, thanks to the links given, I downloaded and unzipped the wxgraphs file, but to my dismay noted that majority of the files inside the zip are .php files.
I don’t use php on my website, not being blessed with equipment to run a database and server on. So can alternative chart / graph files in .jpeg format be used and if so does anyone know of a good set?

As a previous poster in reply to my other questions noted, the search facility in this forum doesn’t always find relevant items, even when they are in the forum!.

Thanks once again for your time.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Bob,

Just to clarify…Are you running your own server? PHP does not require a database and a web host like e-rice runs php for as little as $10 a year. Plus php can give you the added joy of trying to figure out about 100 other scripts! 8O

Jack

Personally I don’t know of another way to get jpg’s of the graphs.

Hello Jack,

No, I’m not running my own server alas :(.

Thanks anyway.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

And your host does not provide php? Usually they do and if not you should really look into something like e-rice. I use 1and1 but its because I run too much other crap, lol!

Jack

I’ll have a look tomorrow Jack. :),

If the hosts DO provide php, where then would I install the wxgraphs files etc?

Thanks, once again :).

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.

Bob,

There are fairly good directions back at that download site. And I’d be happy to help if you still have an issue. The main part is to get the config file set up properly.

Jack

Hello Jack,

I’ve just checked the webhosts, they support PHP 5.2.17, so I’ll have a play tomorrow (it’s 2210 hrs here). Thanks for your kind offer - my email addy is “we1330 AT gmail.com”.

Very Best Wishes,
Bob.