SteelSeries Announcements

1 November 2018: Latest version is 2.7.3

[b][color=#0040BF]Want to make a donation to the Weather Gauges? Please click here.[/color][/b]

I thought I would start a new thread for announcing the release of the latest version of the SteelSeries sample page/scripts. I’d like to keep this thread to just announcements and keep all support discussion on other threads, otherwise it quickly becomes unmanageable.

Please post support queries/discussions in this sub-forum

The files are now available on GitHub. You can also download the zip file using this direct link

As usual, please take the time to read the readme.txt file, it does contain some useful information.

If you are interested in keeping up with SteelSeries releases I suggest you add a ‘notify’ to this thread.

The latest changes are...

[ul]
[li]Updated gauges.js[/li]

[list][li]New URL for Cumulus downloads[/li][/ul]

[/list]

[ul]

[list][li]Fix conversion of Indoor Temp Todays Low between C & F[/li][/ul]

[/list]

[ul]

[list][li]Fix temperature gauge, 2.7.0 caused the min/max indicators to be shown erroneously[/li][/ul]

[/list]

[ul]

[list][li]Add indoor min/max for weather s/ware that supports it. Currently Weather Display, WeeWX, and Weather Cat[/li][/ul]

[li]Updated customclientrawlocal[/li]

[ul][li]Fixes error in 2.6.5 release[/li]
[li]Adds indoor min/max data[/li][/ul]

[li]Updated gauge-data.txt.tmpl[/li]

• Adds indoor min/max data

[li]Updated realtimegaugesWC.txt[/li]

• Adds indoor min/max data

[/list]

Note: In order to try out different colour combinations and gauge styles, you can use my demo pages:
Radial Gauges, LinearGauges, Extra Gauges, StopWatch Gauge, Traffic Lights, Light Bulb, LCD Sections,
Wind Radar Gauge

For those who are notified of this thread, version 1.6.0 is now available.

Version 1.6.0 introduced a lot of code changes and additions, so unfortunately there have been a few bugs I missed.

Version 1.6.2 is now available which addresses all the ones I know about.

Download seems to be timing out for me.

v1.6.3 posted, this fixes the last known (ha ha!) bug introduced by the 1.6 changes - the maximum average temperature reading.

I also taken the opportunity to do a long overdue tidy up the graph handling in the popups.

There is a new variable (g_showPopupDataGraphs) which allows you switch off the graphs completely and just leave text based popups.

All the graph images are now defined in gauges.js by the g_tipImgs array - you no longer need to edit the ddimagetooltips.js as well. This array has also been expanded; by default it is configured with the ‘standard’ Cumulus trend images, but you can now add your own custom graphs for every gauge reading such separate graphs for dewpoint, apparent, windchill, indoor humidity etc. You can also add graphs for UV and Solar Radiation which Cumulus does not generate at all. WD users should find this feature useful.

thanks very much for all your hard work mcrossley :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Not hard enough Brian!

Version 1.6.4 now available, it fixes the shaded min/max not being displayed on the temperature gauges. Only gauges.js changed this time.

Thanks for all the hard work.

I noticed some spelling errors in the Dutch translation:

moderndere - modernere
should be a space between ‘oude’ and meters
weeerstation - weerstation
Data laten - Data laden
Buitentemperatur - Buitentemperatuur
Binnentemperatur - Binnentemperatuur
Gevoelstemperatur - Gevoelstemperatuur
Abbreviation for the month of March (Maart), I’d prefer Mrt instead of Mar

For the more adventurous go-it-a-loners, I have just released a new version of the full SteelSeries library (v0.11.0). Read about it here:

https://plus.google.com/b/105784522827877256999/105784522827877256999/posts/SHdS6acMpkt

Version 1.6.5 now available, quite a few changes again in this release, maybe it should have been a 0.1 update! :lol:

Version 1.6.6 now available.

One fix that you may want to incorporate soon, v1.6.5 downloads the humidity graph every realtime update cycle rather than every 15 minutes (default). The change if you just want to edit your existing file is line 1336, changes from:

if (g_showPopupDataGraphs && g_tipImgs[4][0] !== null) {

to

if (g_refreshGraphs && g_showPopupDataGraphs && g_tipImgs[4][0] !== null) {

Also added Danish and Finnish translations.

The rain rate gauge hasn’t been working correctly with WD, I have attached an updated customclientrawlocal.txt file to the first post, please replace teh version in 1.6.6 with this file until the next release when I’ll roll it in.

I have updated the SteelSeries library to version 0.11.3…

These changes speed up the library quite a bit so I thought it would be worth providing an updated Weather Gauge specific version (as I normally supply the weather gauges releases). This ‘should’ be a drop in replacement for the existing file on your server.

The main changes are:

Radial

• Fixed Odometer being reinitialised every time the background was redrawn
  • Fixed background changes drawing LCD background when Odometer visisble
  • Disabled pointer shadow blurring, it was causing performance issues in some browsers
  • added check for ‘knob’ parameter in drawRadialForegroundImage()

Odometer

• Added setValueAnimated() method

RadialBargraph

• Fixed issue with LED halo still displaying when LED was off

General

• Added full caching to: trendIndicator, MaxMinIndicators, LCDbackground, LEDimage,
    LinearForeground, LinearBackground, LinearFrame,
    RadialForeground, RadialBackground, RadialFrame, and RadialPointers
  • Stopped some variable leakage to the global scope
  • Some code styling changes and fixes for minor syntax niggles

EDIT: Script updated, see below…

Opps, the last version of the cutdown SteelSeries script was a little too cut down - I left out the Odometer component. This version adds it back in again, it only really affects you if you use the odometer display on a gauge.

Version 2.0.0 is now out of beta and available. Enjoy :santa:

Version 2.0.1 is now available, it fixes the syntax error in gauges.js that affected WD users, no other changes.

Version 2.0.2 is available

Fixes issues with wind speed when your native units are km/h, also adds a decimal to the kPa barometer scale numbers.

Version 2.0.3 is now available, there are quite a few changes in this release, please see the first post in this thread.

Version 2.0.4 is now available, please see the first post in this thread.

Version 2.1.0 is now available.

There are quite a few changes in this release, please see the version control list.

Major headlines…

[ul][li]Wind RoseGuage is now enabled by default[/li]
[li]A wind run odometer has been added to the wind rose[/li]
[li]A new ‘basic’ template html page has been added[/li]
[li]Support for VWS users added (thanks to Ken True of saratoga-weather.org)[/li][/ul]

I intend to leave this package alone for a while now - except for bug fixes, translation updates etc.