Good news for WD MAC

Hi
I have upgraded the compiler I use for the windows version
which has built in cross compile o the Mac
I can actually run the program from my windows P and its deployed and running on the Mac,across my LAN netowork
even allows debugging :slight_smile:

so this is really great news for development for the Mac
but I still have a way to go:
I need to import the components I need to use before I can create a new Mac WD version (based on the current windows version)
not all components are available to be imported into the ‘Firemonkey’ development though, but alot can

Looking forward to it.
Coyote

its great to be able to run and debug from my windows PC
I might have to do a complete new version from the ground up (but using code from the current windows version)
due to problems with not compatible components

Bring it on I am ready :smiley: I got a Lion computer thats need tinkering with :smiley:

The ftp program should port ok

Brian

Will the new version have exactly the same as the current Windows one? I am running VMware and Windows 7 purely because of the extra functionality - 1wire particularly and to be able to ditch VMWare etc would be brilliant.

Phil

Please see my posts above
Ie not everything can be ported,re components used and I am just at the
Very. Begining and do not even know using dll files work

Looking forward to the potential enhancements for the mac version :slight_smile:

Considering previous posts where the future of the Mac version was in some doubt this is brilliant news, and like the others, I also cannot wait for the new version. Thank you so much for not giving up on us Mac folk. My Lion is also a little hungry especially as it arrived yesterday.

Best wishes

Mike

Huh?
But I have been updating and supporting the mac version

I seem to remember not too long ago that you had said there may not be much point in updating the Mac version as there seemed to be so little interest. perhaps at my age I misread the post. I shall try and find it again and put the link in. If I did misread the post i humbly apologise, did not mean to imply something that was not there.

Best wishes

Mike

Not sure why you are stirring ?

have been doing some more investigating…
its not so easy to compile fire monkey to OSX cross platform if a component uses windows API calls
the component my be available , but you get compile errors straight away with the windows API and dll calls…
so I cant use the windows code for the FTP as easily as I thought

update:
I have found a FTP component that does work :slight_smile:
(I created a simple test program to login into a ftp server)
its a little bit different to the one I was using but should be easy enough to convert the code
so this is good:
I will be able to produce a program for the Mac that works the same as the ftpupd.exe and clientrawrealtimeftp.exe on the windows version
and so getting around the limitations with using the method used now on the Mac WD version

If you believe I am stirring Brian then I am quite happy to leave the Forum. I had honestly believed I had read a post from yourself that you were considering that action, albeit some time ago. I have apologised for my apparent misreading of that post. If that is not satisfactory then I will leave the forum. I have always tried to be helpful, constructive and supportive, but clearly it seems that my presence is not wanted here.

Best wishes

Mike

it was a long time ago, like nearly 2 years ago, and was only because I could not get my Mac to work at that time , but I got my Mac repaired
and since then have done lots of support and WD Mac updates
so honestly I was very surprised that you made that comment and really could not understand why or see a need for it

but maybe that is just me

Again I apologise if my comment was upsetting. I know that you had put in a lot of effort not only on the PC side but also the Mac side too. But to see the post above about the enhancements for the Mac was really exciting for me as I had read your earlier post very recently. For me as a Mac user it re affirmed very strongly your Mac commitment which is excellent news as I do so want to get rid of the PC. I only keep it to run WD.
I had intended to make the comment be one of great support. Clearly it was not taken that way, again I apologise for that misunderstanding. Perhaps we can leave the matter like that as one of misunderstanding and you may delete my posts if you wish if you feel it would clarify matters in the forum.

Best wishes

Mike

I now have created a ftp program for uploading the clientraw files
based on the windows real time ftp program :slight_smile:
and I now also have email attachments working (could never get that working before with the previous method)
so all good news :slight_smile:

I will work on creating a program to upload the web files , ie based on the Ftpupd.exe windows program
and email warnings, reports, with attach option, etc
should be able to get HTTP download working too

been doing some more testing and more good news with the new compiler program:
its able to run another program on the mac and then carry on doing what it needs to do (i.e the spawned program is independent and will not affect anything)

so now comes the big task of porting to the new compiler the main WD program
at this stage I will port the current Mac version with the compiler I am using at the moment for the Mac version…see if that works at least

just discoverd that I can use the same graphing component as the windows version :slight_smile:
(just need to purchase an update to that)
so that means I will be able to use a mixture of code from the current windows version and mac specific code from the current WD mac version :slight_smile:
going to take a lot of work but should be worth it in the end