Davis USB Datalogger Clone for use with VP1, VP2, Vue and Envoy

Hello,

Can we imagine to build an IP datalogger which will be able to send, through a FTP connection, a file as the downld02.txt generated by weatherlink?

Thank you :slight_smile:

Hi Brian, Im using a Raspberry pi like a computer and the software is Wview, is a very low power system ready for a 24/7/365 service. We are a few people using systems like a Mele A1000, Raspberry pi, UG802 and other small systems here, but there are a high interest for me becouse his low power comsuption.
In another branch of the forum Meteoclimatic there are people working with low-power systems for windows, as ebox, thin clients and similars.
For Rasp we have a software image ready to burn into SD 8GB card and the system runs easily with very few changes like LAN IP, and configuration of weatherstation.
Sorry for delay in my reply, Im very busy on my work at this days.
We are submiting info to PWS/Ham weather, CWOP, Meteoclimatic, Wunderground.
You can see my rasp and wview in http://ea5zf.no-ip.org/weather
73 de Xavi, EA5ZF
[email protected]

I think you have posted to the wrong thread

WD’s consolewd has been ported to the Raspberry pi already and does work
you would need to contact that person to get a copy of the compiled program and the library files that go with it

Hi, is your fdata logger still available in USB pls?
Thx to let me know.
Chris

Hi,

I have some USB and Serial data loggers that are available if you are still interested.

see For Sale - Davis Green dot compatible Data Loggers & Raspberry Pi2

Regards.

Or go to http://belfryboyweatherbits.blogspot.co.uk/p/the-belfryboy-clone-usb-logger.html?m=1 for the belfryboy logger, I’ve just moved house and have rebuilt my workshop, so I’m up and running again.

I currently have 12 of these ready to ship, recently tested with Vue firmware version 4.18.

[quote author=belfryboy link=topic=54790.msg499613#msg499613 date=1457623343]
I currently have 12 of these ready to ship, recently tested with Vue firmware version 4.18.

On it’s way to you. Thanks! :smiley:

It arrived a couple of minutes after posting :smiley:

Awesome service !!!

nice
good cord length too

I was thinking that too :smiley:

Must be a Purple Rain joke in here somewhere :lol:

Been wanting one of these for a while now. Ordered one on Tuesday. Hopefully will arrive soon.

On its way timbob!

Hi

Have ordered one via your website, money paid a few days back.

Thanks
Tony

Here are some photos of the latest improvement using a 3d printed cover over the PCB. The larger images can be viewed here.

more information and a paypal link to purchase here.

That’s a nice update :slight_smile:

Hello Belfryboy,

I just bought a Davis vantage pro 2 weather station. Are you still able to provide the USB data logger?

Thx

I certainly am! Just visit my blog at http://belfryboyweatherbits.blogspot.co.uk/?m=0 and navigate to the logger page.

Just to let you know my logger arrived safely today. Looks brilliant. Cant wait until my new equipments arrives.

Very speedy service - Thanks.

Now!! When are you going to do the solar sensors? :slight_smile: