Steelseries Gauges for WD

Here is what is & has been, in the customclientraw.txt file that I have online:
“forecast”:“”,
Niko, this is what you suggested I put there -but it is already exactly the way you suggested to have it.

The script you gave me, Niko, to find the version of php on my server gave the results:
Current PHP version: 5.5.38

I’m not sure who is talking to whom about the build version of … which?

• was it weather-display or steelgauges you are talking about?
    I am not sure where to get the guaranteed
    latest version of steelgauges. I thought I had it. I had so many tabs open
    that I closed some of them including the one where I got the latest steelgauges.
    Pretty sure it was a thread on this forum where the latest versions are posted.
    It was a zip file and I still have that zip file.

the latest Weather Display zip file Brian said. If that line was already like Niko said maybe put it back to the original?? I have a site not running the Davis VP and I did not need to edit the original
,“forecast”:“%vpforecasttext%”,

It looks that way at first sight but I downloaded the file and in a programming editor you can see there are control characters in there (see below) also if you are using chrome, go to http://priscillanhk.com/0_Weather/STEEL_DREAMS/customclientraw.txt and hit Ctrl U to see the source. On the left side of the page you can see it has split into lines 1 and 2 at the forecast (see below #2)

The version we are talking about is of Weather Display

SOME PROGRESS!!

Before your recent posts, I looked at an older version of the customclientrawlocal.txt file
and found the forecast line was different.
Here is what I put in:
“forecast”:“%dailywarning/forecast%”,
This might not be what we really want BUT THE GAUGES NOW SHOW READINGS ON THEM!
Meanwhile my weather-display program itself has stopped running and is hung up,
so data is not refreshing at the moment.

That brings me to another question I keep forgetting to ask:
How do you close and re-start the weather-display program?
The “Save and exit” in the top menu doesn’t ever work for me.
I’ve tried “action” and turned off main internet switch and then tried save and exit but that doesn’t work either!!

That’s good news, what weather station do you have?

However, the customclientraw.txt file keeps reverting back to the one with the weirdness going
on in the forecast line. I don’t know where to change it - nor the best way to do it
since weatherdisplay is running and constantly working with that file

My weather station is the ACURITE 5-in-1 model 010351A

customclientraw.txt is generated based on the customclientrawlocal.txt template file. So if you are sure you have edited and saved the template file (customclientrawlocal.txt) and it is somehow reverting I just don’t understand this at all :?

“ACURITE 5-in-1 model 010351A” OK that other forecast tag will be better for you.

Okay,

1. I installed the DEC 29 build of weather display.

2. I have an older copy of the steelgauges zip file from … about a week ago … from somewhere.
    I looked at THAT customclientrawlocal.txt and it does NOT have the line bread on the forecast line.
    So I copied THAT version into my weather-display webfiles folder and let weather display have its way with it.

GOOD NEWS!! Right now the gauges are working!!

[color=blue]http://priscillanhk.com/0_Weather/STEEL_DREAMS/gauges-ss-basic.htm[/color]

and

[color=blue]http://priscillanhk.com/0_Weather/STEEL_DREAMS/gauges-ss-basic-inc.php[/color]

Hopefully they won’t stop working for some reason…
I’ll be away for a few hours before checking again.

Thank you for your help. I’ll be back in the morning to report how things are looking :slight_smile:

Priscilla

One website fine tuning tip :slight_smile: You have no index file in either /0_Weather or /0_Weather/STEEL_DREAMS so it’s possible for anyone to see the whole list of files in those folders which may not be desirable. Two solutions:

Add an index.html or .htm or .php file, even if it’s an empty one.

or

If you are using the .htaccess file add this line right at the top:

Options +Includes +FollowSymLinks -Indexes (or add -Indexes if there is already an Options line)

Niko;
Thank you for mentioning this. I have not been clear about, and have not looked into it, why going to some folders online without specifying any file, gives me a . type listing of all files, as you are describing, and why some folders do not.

My intention (goal) has been to work the steelgauges material into a main page which would I guess be named index.html file for that folder. With the troubles just getting things working I have not thought much ahead
to how I will for example, change the name of gauges-ss-basic.htm and still have it being refreshed
along with data uploads. Trying to think where that file name is set - but it came the zip file for steel gauges,
so I suppose I could name it anything as long as the contents are kept intact enough for the gauges to work.

Tomorrow I’ll set up a dummy index.html in that folder, or else try the above sort of thing.

I want to thank all of you who offered suggestions which ultimately led to my getting the steel gauges to show up and report weather data online.
THANK YOU!!

:slight_smile:

Priscilla

Good job Priscilla :smiley:

thanks also to Mark, the author of the Steel Gauges, for making them available and making them modular so they can be customised :slight_smile:

Looks like you guys have been having some fun whilst I took a little break.
Priscilla- glad you got them working in the end.

Brian/Niko - should I change the default forecast string variable from %vpforecasttext% in the template? If so, to what?

Mark, the problem in this case was a blank %vpforecasttext% that included a CRLF, I think Brian has fixed that and it shouldn’t prevent the gauges working now. Not everyone has WD set up to generate a forecast so some might like current conditions instead but I can’t think of a single tag that is going to please everybody so I would leave it as it is.

Mark, since you asked, I set mine to %5dayforecastday1%. That gives me today’s NWS forecast which is a heck of a lot better than the VP junk. See http://tiggrweather.net/wxssgauges.php and, just for fun, http://tiggrweather.net/davconvp2CW.php.

Also, could you please change the default params.useColorLabels = false; to true (line 1819 in v.17)? My old brain always manages to forget that one on an update and it’s a bear to find.

Thanks.

Maybe change it to “put your forecast tag here” :lol:

I changed mine like this and it says Today! no scroll

you would need to have the 5 day forecast setup in WD