Steelseries Gauges for WD

Hi Mark,

In version 2.2.2 the movement of the pointer is too fast for me.
it is possible to change the pointer speed? if so how?
greetings Klaus

You can specify an initialisation parameter to the gauges “fullScaleDeflectionTime”, this defaults to 2.5 seconds. So for example if you wanted to slow down the temperature gauge to 4 seconds, change drawTemp() and add the last line as below…

drawTemp = function () {
            var params = extend(commonParams);
            // create temperature radial gauge
            if ($('#canvas_temp').length) {
                params.size = Math.ceil($('#canvas_temp').width() * config.gaugeScaling);
                params.section = _temp.sections;
                params.area = _temp.areas;
                params.minValue = _temp.minValue;
                params.maxValue = _temp.maxValue;
                params.thresholdVisible = false;
                params.minMeasuredValueVisible = _temp.maxMinVisible;
                params.maxMeasuredValueVisible = _temp.maxMinVisible;
                params.titleString = _temp.title;
                params.unitString = data.tempunit;
                params.trendVisible = gauge.tempTrendVisible;
                //params.customLayer = _imgBackground;      // uncomment to add a background image - See Logo Images above
                params.fullScaleDeflectionTime = 4;

To slow down all the guages, you could add it to he commonParams…

commonParams = {
            // Common parameters for all the SteelSeries gauges
            gaugeType               : gauge.gaugeType,
            minValue                : 0,
            fullScaleDeflectionTime : 4,

Thanks Mark, thats work perfect ! :D/

hello

can you tell me why i don’t see the graph ?

thks

Do you have the ‘wxgraphs’ series of scripts on your server?

If so, have you set imgPathURL in gauges.js to the path to those scripts (typically ‘./wxgraphs/’)?

hi

i don’t see the ‘wxgraphs’ series of script on my server ! i’ve to setup that in WD ? where ?

thks

Nothing whatsoever to do with WD. You can get the scripts at Broadstairs - A Personal Perspective. There is a good tutorial on installing (if you get stuck with the included instructions) at How to setup jpgraphs and wxgraphs. Make SURE you upload the scripts in the same directory the arrive in ; /wxgraphs/. Don’t scatter them loose at the root of your server.

There are numerous threads on the forum about getting them working.

Wondering if anyone can advise me where I can lengthen the time the VP forecast text before resetting thereby missing portions of the text and it resets and starts over. Thanks.

John,

I found that it was the “downloading” message that interrupted the longer forecasts. At about line 985 I made the following changes and it works better for me. The second change was because I found it disconcerting that each countdown would begin with 10 regardless of what was set in the config.

getRealtime = function () {
//            setStatus(strings.StatusMsg);         // removed so "downloading" doesn't interfere with long scrolling forecasts
//            _count = 11; // 10 seconds timeout     
            _count = config.counter + 1;            // changed so that new countdowns start at the proper number rather than always 10
            countDown();
            $.ajax({url: config.realTimeURL,
                    dataType: 'text',
                    cache: false,
                    success: checkRtResp,
                    error: checkRtError,
                    timeout: 10000
            });
        },

• Jim

Jim

I think you have misunderstood why the counter goes to 10, then jumps to your configured timeout.

When the script kicks off an Ajax download it sets a 10 second timeout for the download to complete, after that it retries. So if the web server was unresponsive for some reason, and you had a 30 second refresh, you would see…

- 2 secs
- 1 secs
“Downloading…” - 10 secs
“Downloading…” - 9 secs

“Downloading…” - 1 secs
“Download failed, retrying…” - 10 secs
{download works}
- 30 secs
- 29 secs
… etc

When things are working well the sequence would be…
- 2 secs
- 1 secs
“Downloading…” - 10 secs
{download works}
- 30 secs
- 29 secs
… etc

What happens sometimes is the server response is so fast that the “Downloading…” - 10 secs only flashes up very briefly.

Thanks Mark, I see I was way out in left field on that one, I’ll change it back. I just thought it a little strange that the 10 would always flash up there but now understand why.

• Jim

Was about to ask the same question about the ‘flashing 10’. Thanks, Mark, for the very descriptive answer.

:oops: dumb question how do I get the gauges to work??
http://www.n7xrd.tzo.com/wdisplay/web/gauges/gauges-ss.htm

OK so after all of that, I again ask how to increase the amount of time (and what file needs updated) so the Forecast scrolls longer before it resets and restarts.

It gets as long as the time you specify for the data refresh. So if you set the refresh time to 20 seconds, it gets 20 seconds to scroll before fresh data is down loaded.

Wow, that web server is a bit on the slow side!?

But the problem is teh script cannot find your customclientraw.txt file
You have configured the script to look for…
http://www.n7xrd.tzo.com/wdisplay/web/gauges/customclientraw.txt

but your file seems to be here…
http://www.n7xrd.tzo.com/wdisplay/web/customclientraw.txt

thanks I did finally figure that out and have it working!! the server runs here at home and at the moment I have 2 running so it is slowing things a bit…that will change Friday when I move one out to a remote location!

I did notice the ticker tape forecast is not moving on this site??? #-o
http://beachhouseweather.com/wxssgauges.php

It only scrolls if the text is wider than the display area (by default :wink:)

Hi,

Excellent component for a weather page and do the installation without any problems and is operating. I have only one question:

In the scroll bar where information should appear forecast, more text appears not downloading … when does the cooling.

This is fine? or should appear more detail?

Thanks