Steelseries Gauges for WD

Is that with version 2.0?

Yes, I’m trying V2.0. I know it’s a beta, but I wanted to try it out and hoping it was out of beta when I’m finished with my gauges page.

there are alot of equivalent custom tags with no units though you could try and use

but also though if you set to have not units, then what is the problem?
(i.e you just add in the units where needed elsewhere you have custom tags)

No beta anymore, V2.0 has just been released.
http://www.weather-watch.com/smf/index.php?topic=54945.new;topicseen#new

Thanks Brian, I’ll see if I can replace some of the tags in ccr file with ‘no units’ equivalents…

runarbg: Version 2.0 is now ‘live’, and there was a bug in the handling of values with units in the previous beta that is now fixed. Maybe you can give that a try?

the other option is I add to WD a setting to create the needed customclientraw.txt file for the steel gauges in the format need (i.e no units, and no template file needed)
if someone could email me the customclientrawlocal.txt)

Thanks, I hadn’t noticed that V2 was out of beta. I installed it now, and don’t get any gauges. I’m sure I have done something wrong. I will check more and come back!

Nice offer Brian, but the only problem with that is that if I make a change in the gauges that needs something adding to the ccr it means another WD release too.

Same thing here, I have set up everything like before and I don’t get any gauges also.

Hi…

Also no gauges here, I had to revert to the old gauges.js (from beta5), to get them to show…

Mark:
Is something wrong with the latest 2.0 version? I’m still not able to get any gauges. I have no problems getting it with the beta version. Now I tested installing from scratch both the latest version and beta. I did only the required changes for both versions:

• Copied cutomclientrawlocal.txt to wdisplay webfiles folder
  • changed gauges.js to use WD
  • changed the path to customclientraw.txt in gauges.js.

That’s all. When I do it with the beta version it’s working. With the final version I don’t get any gauges.
NB: I see that customclientraw.txt is uploaded for both versions and seems to be correct!

Hmm, this is odd, could someone leave a 2.0 page up (a test version is fine) so I can take a look at what is going wrong?

Edit:
Ah, gauges.js, line 220, there is a missing comma…

(config.showSolarGauge ? 'solar_24hr.php' : null)   // Solar rad graph if Solar sensor is present | Solar rad=null if no Solar sensor

should be…

(config.showSolarGauge ? 'solar_24hr.php' : null),   // Solar rad graph if Solar sensor is present | Solar rad=null if no Solar sensor

It only affects WD, so the Cumulus users haven’t caught it.

I’ll get a 2.0.1 release out if that fixes for everyone.

That’s great, Mark. I inserted the comma, and everything is working :slight_smile: Thanks!

I can also confirm that customclientraw.txt WITH units is now working just fine :slight_smile:

OK, thanks for letting me know (it also worked on Brian’s test page when I edited the script on the fly in the debugger), I’ll give it a bit longer to see if any other issues arise then push out 2.0.1

One question:
Is it a way to display the date and time for the last update? And update it when the gauges update. I made a tag in customclientraw.txt file made up of the WD tags %date% and %timesec%. That works fine when I open the page, but never updates. Is it an easy way to make it update?

The easist way would be to put the text in a on your page, and update that each time new data is fetched.

So, somewhere in your HTML…

and in the gauges.js processdata() function, use something like

$(‘#lastUpdate’).html = data.date;

Working here, too, Mark (but boy, did that ever give me a headache!).

http://tiggrweather.net/wxgauges.php

Thanks for the update!

Great job, Mark! I have it working on my site too http://saratoga-weather.org/gauges.php

Best regards,
Ken

working great here too
http://www.weather-display.com/windy/gb/gauges-ss.html
(just a test , proof of concept page)
:slight_smile:

If you take a close look at the row in the middle, it is slightly off to the left compared to the other rows.
I am having the same problem and I can’t figure out why.
I fixed it with adding &nbsp in the code but I don’t know if this is the right way to do.
Does anyone know how to fix this properly?