Steelseries Gauges for WD

Recently fiddled with somthing in WD. Now my steel gauges aren’t updating. Hadn’t touched the gauges though. What might it be? iszatso.net/weather/wxsteelgauges.php

TIA,

BRGDS,

patrick

don’t upload the custom file from two places…

and never delete the customclientrawlocal file from the webfiles directory. These self responses may help another neophyte out when they wrap things around the axle.

p.

Hey Mark,

Thanks for the update today. Works fine.

Is there any way to get the wind speed to display the tenths? Right now it’s just the even mph (2.0, 3.0, etc.).

Thanks.

note that your weather station is not accurate to more than 1 mph for windspeed though

It displays what it it is given, mine displays in tenths, so as Brian has stated your station must only be supplying whole numbers. You can change the gauge config so that the LCD only displays whole numbers if that looks cleaner…

lcdDecimals: 0,

Understood, but it just ‘looks’ better.

Thanks.

My main site page displays mph in tenths (Davis VP2+ with Scott’s alt dashboard), so it’s getting it from somewhere. Will have to dig into that code and see where it’s coming from.

Thanks.

Have a look in your ccr file, is it in tenths there, if not then the tag may be the problem.

Don’t forget that the initial page load wind data loaded from the clientraw.txt will have been converted from knots, so it’s likely to have decimals in mph, and any calculated average will also result in decimals.

“wspeed”:“%avgspd%” passes a decimal - “wspeed”:“5.6”. The other wind items are all “x.0”. I assume function doWind() needs a little massage, but that is beyond my knowledge (much is these days).

Thoughts appreciated.

Understood.

Thanks, niko.

the averaging produces the decimal place
(it could be argued if that should be like that or not)
there are tags with no decimal from memory

wspeed = 10 minute average windspeed = green sector on gauge
wlatest = latest wind speed reading = gauge needle & digital readout

So as Brian says the 10 minute average is calculated to one decimal place which makes sense to me, but the readings from your station are in 1 mph increments.

Mark,

0.11.4 will not unpack for me. Downloaded twice, but it just locks up my unzipper.

Thanks.

Thank you! That was exactly the definition this old mind needed.

Now to dig into the tags list.

John, for some reason the forum does not like my zip files, I have created it using two different software (WinZip & Windows Explorer), and whilst both files look the correct size, they have zero files listed in the contents when you download them again. I have uploaded the same file to the Cumulus forum and it works fine. So I am at a bit of a loss now. ](*,)

But it downloaded fine for me and runs great. :dontknow:

• Jim

Jim, could you try and download and open it again now for me please, both the computers I have powered on at the moment say it is corrupt when I download it.

Mark,

Sure thing, just did and opened both files with UltraEdit and they look just fine here.

• Jim