Steelseries Gauges for WD

Thanks Jacco.

I’ve noticed that the download link on your site referenced from post #1 still shows v1.5. It might be worth updating the link to point to SteelSeries Announcenents to avoid confusion for new users.

Cheers,

Simon,

That is because i still use that version, for me it is far more flexible.
There are 2 kinds of users, users that having difficulty enough to install the script, and those who want to adjust it to their own needs.

I did test the latest versions, but for me it was to much trouble “repairing” the script to the version i like.
For example the solar gauge, i’d like to have the max. possible solar reading as the max scale, i don’t want a 1400 w/m2 scale in winter when we have 300 w/m2 max.
The same for the windspeed, i don’t like the maxgust in the same gauge as the average 10 min windspeed. Changing the colors of sections etc etc.
And i think that is the most interesting part of the script, you can choose the tags in the ccr you like to show, choose the colors, the parameters.

For me there are far to many updates, don’t have the time to adjust everything each time to what i like :wink:

But i can imagine there are a lot of people happy with the hard work of Mark. :smiley:

Jacco

Yeah, saw that but that was not the cause.
Stupid me :oops:, ran over the script many times but didn’t notice missing a / between folder and customclientraw.txt
Working now.

That sorted the graph size. How do I now reduce the window size to reduce the white space around the graph, but obviously with enough room for the graph & data?

Cheers,

Simon

In ddimgtooltip.css

.ddimgtooltip{
  padding: 0 7px 3px 7px;

controls the space between the graph and the border.

You will probably want to play around with the gauge colour schemes as well to fit in better with your ‘black’ theme. :wink:

Hi,

I noticed when popping up text on the dial for windspeed, the abbreviation for winddirection is still in English, no dutch translation.
The same for the barometer dial, trend “falling” has no translation.
I cannot see what the result for steady and rising is at the moment.

How can I fix that?

TIA

Do you think? I had a play & developed some blacked themed gauges, but I felt they weren’t as clear & easy to read, so I decided to stick with your standard ones. Maybe I’ll have another look.

Check in languages.js - the changeLang() function
Line 818 should read:

if (gauge_wdir) {
		gauge_wdir.setPointSymbols(LANG.compass);
        g_dir.titles = [LANG.latest_web, LANG.tenminavg_web];
        gauge_wdir.setLcdTitleStrings(g_dir.titles);
		doDir();
	}

This is what changes the Wind Direction LCD titles.

Also check steelseries.min.js is version 0.10.2b - that version of the library implemented the .setLcdTitleStrings() method - (actually it may have been 0.10.2a)

I may be misunderstanding the timeout counter, but I find it does not work for me. I set a value of
five minutes, but if I leave the window open, no matter how long, the script continues to update.
I’ve even waited an hour, but it continues along on its merry way.

Thoughts?

-Keith

I’m not sure what you have done Keith, but when it reaches the timeout limit, it displays the timeout message, but then the whole page reloads itself!

Ah, I see, in your HTML header you have:

So the page reloads every 300 seconds and of course restarts the timer.

Hey Mark!

We’ve got a little weirdness going on here in Phoenix. My current dew is 3

Mark,

I have embedded my gauges within one of my web pages [http://www.paulwilman.com/live weather.htm](http://www.paulwilman.com/live weather.htm). When I embed the code into my website the gauges become all squashed together. I was wondering what part of the code controls the space and placement of the dials? I do have some of my own CSS in the page that controls the header.

Paul

Code is the same as you posted and I am using Version 0.10.2b.
Translations for Falling and Winddirections are present and correct.
Anything else I can look at?

This is a problem with the windspeed dial, not the winddirections dial, winddirection is translated here.
Does that make any difference?

Argh! I forgot all about that line of code in my personal “template”! Thanks for doing my debug
for me… :oops: I’ll fix that and then try again.

-Keith

Those of us WD users who have successfully implemented the Steelseries Gauges now pretty much know what changes to cut and paste into any new version of gauges.js, and you’ve spotlighted them. The only suggestion I have is that you include, in addition to the ‘var g_realTimeURL’ clientrawextra.txt line, a commented out ‘var g_tipImgs’ section with the common images that WD wxgraph users would employ:

var g_tipImgs = [["temp+hum_24hr.php", "indoor_temp_24hr.php"],       		// Temperature: outdoor, indoor
                 ["temp+dew+hum_1hr.php","temp+dew+hum_1hr.php","temp+dew+hum_1hr.php","temp+dew+hum_1hr.php","temp+dew+hum_1hr.php"],  // Temperature: dewpnt, apparent, windChill, HeatIndx, humidex
                 "rain_24hr.php",                                       // Rainfall
                 "rain_1hr.php",                                        // Rainfall rate
                 ["humidity_1hr.php", "humidity_7days.php"],            // Humidity: outdoor, indoor
                 "baro_24hr.php",                                       // Pressure
                 "windgust_1hr.php",                                    // Wind speed
                 "winddir_24hr.php",                                     // Wind direction
                                                                                      //Only one each of the following two alternative settings for UV and Solar should be enabled:
//               "uv_24hr.php",                                            // UV if  UV sensor is present
                 null,                                                              // UV
//              "solar_24hr.php"                                          // Solar rad if Solar sensor is present
                 null                                                               // Solar rad
                ];

would be a suggestion.

Many thanks for all your hard work!

Yes, that just about covers it, plus minor changes within ddimgtooltip.css

Cheers,

I’ve had another look and cannot see a problem in the code, can you provide a link to your page again please?

OK, no problem, I can do that.

Windspeeddial shows no translation for winddirection.
Winddirectiondial shows translation for winddirection.
Barometerdial shows no translations for trends.
Rising - Stijgend
Steady - Constant
Falling - Dalend

Translations for winddirections (Windrichting) in Dutch are as follows:

coords : ["N", "NNO", "NO", "ONO", "O", "OZO", "ZO", "ZZO", "Z", "ZZW", "ZW", "WZW", "W", "WNW", "NW", "NNW"],
    compass : ["N", "NO", "O", "ZO", "Z", "ZW", "W", "NW"],

Gauges

Right got it now.

The Wind Direction gauges is showing “ZZW” at the moment which is correctly translated.

The Wind Speed gauge is showing “SW” at the moment which is not translated.

The cause:

The wind direction gauge uses degree values for the ‘latest’ and ‘average’ values, which I then convert into localised compass points.

The wind speed gauge gets todays max gust direction as a compass point in the ccr file, so it appears in the language that WD is using.

Cumulus only supplies the max gust direction as a compass point, I’d have to check if WD can supply in degrees.